Spain free and low syn foods.

Fed up with the rain!!!!
Feel like stuffing my face.......;(

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

By all means stuff your face - but make it superfree :8855:
But I know how you feel. I just feeling like comfort food all the time.
Had fish fingers and REAL chips on Friday! My first home cooked REAL chips in 2 years!!!!
Fortunately though I don't seem to be gaining wiight.

Well I tried being good but hubby made a sweet arabic dessert the other night and boy was it full of sugar .....which has equalled a .9kg weight gain !! Was one of them cold nights with the fire on and loved it but now hard on my self this week. Ideally I'd love to lose 3 kg b4 christmas.
Do you happen to know if the instant mash in mercadona is free like smash ;)
Hope keeping well and glad you enjoyed your chips x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Haven't a clue I'm sorry about Mercadona spuds. You'd need to check the incredients and calories etc and compare to Smash.

Hey! Is there anyone still active on this? I really need a friend as I'm in Spain for a few weeks and struggling to find any sw friendly food!

Like lean mince!!! And does Carrefour sell frylight? I can't find it! Lol

I hope someone can give me advice :) x

Hey! Is there anyone still active on this? I really need a friend as I'm in Spain for a few weeks and struggling to find any sw friendly food!

Like lean mince!!! And does Carrefour sell frylight? I can't find it! Lol

I hope someone can give me advice :) x

Where are you staying ??? Is there an Iceland where you are ?? It is about the only place you will find Frylight. In fact you will find most thins you need there.

Mercadona is good for fruit and veg and almost everything is cheaper than Carrefour.

Great! Thanks. I don't think there is an Iceland near me. I'm away up in the mountains; alcoy. Where are you?

It's snacks I'm struggling with. Although loving the oranges!! :) I also love the little butter flavoured puff crisps which are very low in syns! Only 5 in half the bag! They're delicious too.

Do you recommend anything?

Also with mince do you not eat it as its full fat? I tried cooking it and then leaving it so the fat raised to the top and I scooped it off (yuk) but not sure how lean it was afterwards as it still looked oily!

Hi Estrella

You just have to go back to basics and cook everything from scratch here. SW friendly instant meals etc don't exist.

I just use Mercadona mince all the time, dry fry it carefully and add a couple of syns to the meal.
You can live without frylight - just use ordinary Olive oil but only 1 teaspoon full at a time and you'll be fine. Tastes much better and much cheaper too.

Re snacks. You can get various muesli or rice type bars in Mercadona that are only about 80 cals a bar so I do a "fudge" and count these as a half HexB. I compared them them to Alpen lights and the fibre, salts, sugars, fats etc weren't that different.

You can get light cheese triangles in Mercadona too - actually slightly lower in cals that Laughing Cow lights so I substitute these. You can get the real thing and BabyBel lights in Carrefour. You can also get Philly light in Mercadona.

It is possible to lose in Spain - it just might be a bit slower. I've managed over 5 stone!! And if I can, anyone can.

Good luck chica.

Thanks for the advice. I was really good and lost 2kg. But then last night drank wine and ate cheese and had chocolate!! Drat!! Back on it today.

Thanks for the advice. I was really good and lost 2kg. But then last night drank wine and ate cheese and had chocolate!! Drat!! Back on it today.

Are you on holiday ???Because if you are one day off will not hurt you.

No I'm travelling. Started off at my mums in Spain for a month then off to Australia. So I've been eating junk for 2 weeks at mums and wanted to try and lose another half stone before setting off again. But is proving difficult!!! EUR1.50 wine is making it hard for me ;) x

. . . EUR1.50 wine is making it hard for me ;) x
Ditto - I love my wine and never gave it up. What I found helped was turning it into a spritzer with fizzy water.
I found I was drinking the same volume but obviously only 1/2 to 2/3 the syns.

Oh that's a great idea. I drink red wine but I quite like it with gasseosa! :) ill give that a go! X
I drink that too :8855:
In case you didn't know it's called tinto verano - summer red! All the locals drink it here with a slice of orange and lemon in. A sort of mock sangria.

Yum! Ill try that ! Add some super free in it haha!! Where are you from? X
Not actually that far from where you are - about 1 hours away. I live 2km from Almoradí in a small Spanish village.

Hi everyone,

I started slimming world Extra Easy 3 weeks ago and I´m really enjoying it. I´m doing it online as there is no class near me..that I know of.

Anyway thanks for posting the foods and syn value, I´ve been using the online syn calculator to work out most of mine. Such a shame wine has syns I do love a glass (bottle) of wine and feel awful adding water to it.

I was wondering is there a Thread somewhere with all the foods for Spain and Syn value? I was having a quick look and can´t find one.

Thanks a million :) Good to feel I´m not the alone doing SW from Spain.

Hiya LairocseLady - great to see you here.

I started slimming world Extra Easy 3 weeks ago and I´m really enjoying it. I´m doing it online as there is no class near me..that I know of.
SW is not officially licensed in Spain - so you'll not find any classes here at all, even though the founder lives in Malaga!

Anyway thanks for posting the foods and syn value, I´ve been using the online syn calculator to work out most of mine. Such a shame wine has syns I do love a glass (bottle) of wine and feel awful adding water to it.
Hic !!! Don't we all

I was wondering is there a Thread somewhere with all the foods for Spain and Syn value? I was having a quick look and can´t find one.

Sorry no - there is no thread for this. As I said, SW is obviously not officially licensed in Spain and there aren't that many of us here to list all this.
Additionally - there have been lots of discussion on this elsewhere - it would in fact be breaching SW Copyrights to put everything up on Minis.

Essentially a rough calculation of syns is that 20 cals = 1 syn. So you can look at food packaging, take the total calories and calculate the rough syn value. The obvious problem comes of how much of the calories are in free foods! Tricky. So you basically have to syn the whole thing.

Whether things like 0% fat yoghurts are free depends on how much other nutrients they have in them - particularly calcium.
Muller lights - which are free - are roughly . . . 50-55 cals and 120 gm calcium per 100g.
So I tend to work on these numbers when selecting 0% fat yoghurts here. Must be 0% fat though to be free.
As I said, Mercadona own label 0% fat bifidus yoghurts are free, and La Pastelerias are roughly 1/2 syn per pot depending on flavour.
Consum own label Desnatada Bifidus Strawberry yoghurt has 1/2 syn - as it has some real sugar in.

Good luck. PM me if you need any help as I have the books. I don't have this years book - although I'm hoping to acquire one in a few weeks - but I brought a book out from the UK last year that is near as damn it right.

Last edited:
Back