Spain free and low syn foods.

Syn free, I use this too and have syned it online!

Syn free, I use this too and have syned it online!

Many thanks, am really glad its syn free I buy at least 2 tubs a week! Much cheaper than Quark and I think it tastes much nicer, especially mixed with sweetner and added to the top of strawberries yumm yumm! :D

It's also great as a replacement for cream in sauces! Doesn't thicken the sauce like cream usually does, but makes them sharper. Try it on fruit without the sweetener too - fantastic on melon and pineapple! Or at least it is for me!

I only made one sauce with it so far and found it went all bitty and wasn't mad on the texture either!

I only made one sauce with it so far and found it went all bitty and wasn't mad on the texture either!
You probably overheated it! The 0% Queso Fresco Batido CANNOT be boiled. TAKE THE PAN OFF THE HEAT and add it at the last minute and it shouldn't separate out. Just mix it in and serve.

What a fab thread - off to Spain shortly so have familiarised myself with these things.....

You probably overheated it! The 0% Queso Fresco Batido CANNOT be boiled. TAKE THE PAN OFF THE HEAT and add it at the last minute and it shouldn't separate out. Just mix it in and serve.

LOL that might have been the problem alright so!! What types of dishes have you all made with it to give me some ideas!!

2 recipes that I use it in are pork solomillo in a dijon mustard sauce and
Somerset chicken.
Both are supposed to have lashings of cream but they work really well with the queso fresco.
(Both recipes available for a small fee!)

whoops !!!!! only just seen this.

You can use it in any recipe that calls for cream.

I stir a dollop into m SS soups if I want them to have a creamy texture.

Pommette is right it will not stand boiling.
It is great for puddings as well. My idea of heaven is the chocolate options powder
stirred into it and then left in the fridge until it is really cold. The orange options done this way and served over segments of fresh orange is delicious.

thanks girls I will give them a try!

It is great for puddings as well. My idea of heaven is the chocolate options powder stirred into it and then left in the fridge until it is really cold. The orange options done this way and served over segments of fresh orange is delicious.
I'd never thought of doing this! Thanks for the tip.

My idea of heaven is the chocolate options powder
stirred into it and then left in the fridge until it is really cold. The orange options done this way and served over segments of fresh orange is delicious.

I presume one sachet of options and how much of the 0% Queso Fresco Batido do you use? Wonder can you freeze it!?

I presume one sachet of options and how much of the 0% Queso Fresco Batido do you use? Wonder can you freeze it!?

It depends on how much of a chocolate hit you want. I use 5 heaped tablespoons full to a sachet. It is trial and error really

I have not tried to freeze it but can imagine it would make a super free ice-cream

Let us know if you try it. In fact I might try it myself.

My Carrefour now stocks Strawberry Quark and Vanilla Quark. I bought a wee pot of the fresa and thought I´d try a mouthful - it´s all gone :eek: Absolutely scrummy
Yummy, especially the vanilla and as there is a Carrefour opening in the next village to us soon, I will be there to sus it out.

thanks Harrie...........did you work out the syns .?

It's 0% fat and sugars, so I presumed so. To be honest, I was too busy scoffing to see :rolleyes: I'll check properly
Harrie - do you have access to SW online?
If not give me the info per 100g/ml for:
kcals, protein, acrbs, fat and the package size
and I'll look up for you on the syns calculator.

Hi all, I cannot believe that I have just seen this thread especially for us overseas. Having said that I have never used a forum before and I seem to be a bit of a 'thicko' with it. I shall have a good thorough read through everything all you have posted (bedtime now) but I would just like to say thank you. It's great I am not alone with all the Mercadona/Iceland products. Yippee

Hi Powla - nice to meet you here. How's Teneriffe at the mo? Hot and sticky here in Alicante province.

Back