Spain free and low syn foods.

If you are in an area that has an Iceland you will have no problem as they sell Muller light etc and as Bev has already said any of the 0% fat( grasas) 0% sugar (azucar) Spanish ones are fine and loads of choice.

Amazing bargains in Carrefour............

Lipton's teas 3 for the price of 2. I got 3 Vanilla and Caramel but they have all the fruit ones too.4.10€ for the three
Celery....2 huge bunches 1€
Carrots 1 kilo 49 cents
Tomatoes 1 kilo 49 cents I got 3 kilos and made fresh tomato sauce with them. It is in the freezer and will be used to cook chicken in a tomato and tarragon sauce, bolognaise etc....
Cornflakes 99 cents

More expensive down here on C del Sol Carrefour - tomatoes are 60c but bought some and made the same kind of sauce. Bought lots of orange ones for the Lock and Lock box as they will keep for ages.
Congrats on the 6lb loss.

The Carrefour in Torrevieja had NO bargains at all. Chepest toms were 69c - more expensive than my local Mercadona! So I just bought some cheap passata instead!

And my sunbeds had been reduced but only to €69 so didn't bother buying them.

Wow, Thank you Pommette. I really like the sound of the pork Dijonnaise.And the trout recipe sounds wonderful and easy, although I tend to shy away from cooking fresh fish, I am definately going to give that a whirl...Is it free? As I would count the wine as negligeble. lol!! I wonder why I never thought to look for recipes on this site, even though I have bookmarked Martins Money savers S/W recipes, which are FROM this site..Duh, must be the bit of sun bleached blond in me, or the drop of Irish blood!!
Have you ever seen/tried Mercadonas La Ligera 0.9% choclolate? It is a sort of pudding, (a bit like baby food really I suppose). You can get a real 'chocolate hit' from just half a pot (I prefer savouries, so I suppose half a pot, personally, does it for me)I just wondered whether anybody had worked out the syn values??. I don't have any in at the mo, so I cannot tell you the energy values.
Sorry forgot to answer this the other day.
You're right about the trout dish - I count it as free though in theory 1 tblsp (30ml) of dry white wine is roughly 1 syn!
I'm not a chocky person so rarley eat the stuff. But if you post the info on here next time you have them in, I'll calculate the syn value on the SW Website.
I need to know the ingredients (so I can work out if there are any free foods) plus grams of protein, carbs and fat per 100g. PLUS the pot size kcals per 100g.

Thanks for the replies ladies, we are staying in Guardamar which is between alicante and Torrevieja, the lady we are renting the apartment from said there is a mas y mas just around the corner but not sure about an iceland or other supermarkets, I dont really mind wheather the yogurt is solid or runny just as long as they are syn free as I try to keep yogurts in the fridge when away so I can have them instead of icecream;)

Thanks for the replies ladies, we are staying in Guardamar which is between alicante and Torrevieja, the lady we are renting the apartment from said there is a mas y mas just around the corner but not sure about an iceland or other supermarkets, I dont really mind wheather the yogurt is solid or runny just as long as they are syn free as I try to keep yogurts in the fridge when away so I can have them instead of icecream;)
You will be about 10 minutes from me!!! I live near Almoradi which is just inland from Guardamar.

There is a good Mercadona in Guardamar. Iceland is in La Marina if you fancy a drive - and near to a huge Mercadona too so you can hit both in one go!

From Guardamar head back down the main road to Alicante - the N332 - and you will see Mercadona on your left after about 4 or 5km. Turn left off the N332 and if you go straight on Iceland is less than 1 km down that road!

Enjoy yourself - Guardamar is a lovely place. That's where we nearly bought when we moved here but it was more expensive than inland so that's why we're in Almoradi. There are markets all over the Costa Blanca - there's one in Guardamar on Wednesday, plus one in Almoradi on Saturday. The Almoradi one used to be the best around but seems to have dwindled a bit recently as they are doing major work in the centre of town and all the roads are closed off!

Do NOT buy the Pasteleras yoghurts from Mercadona - they are too nice for their own good. :bliss:
If you must buy them there are 8 in a pink cardboard sleeve and are €2.15 a pack. There are some in blue sleeve but not seen them in our Mercadona for a couple of weeks.

Do NOT buy the Pasteleras yoghurts from Mercadona - they are too nice for their own good. :bliss:
If you must buy them there are 8 in a pink cardboard sleeve and are €2.15 a pack. There are some in blue sleeve but not seen them in our Mercadona for a couple of weeks.

That is cos they don't do that one anymore boo hoo. Why do they change things that are so lovely.

Trishka, Guardamar is lovely. Paul and I used to take a camper there most weekends over 20 years ago before there were any apartments there at all and stay in the sand dunes. Oh happy memories:D.
The beach is about 8 kilometers long and is fabulous, the water is crystal clear, you can see fish swimming in the shallows. You will have a brilliant time there.

We live about 2 hours north in a small coastal village called Benissa which is about 18 kilometers from Benidorm, but as quiet as Benidorm is noisy lol.

Bev, Pommette will be able to give you all the help you need for that part of the coast...............

Have a great holiday

Thanks for tips on what to buy yoghurt wise. Hope the Mercadona in Algeciras stocks them. Now does anyone know which Rioja is syn free??

Don't think mine is :cry::cry::cry::cry:
will keep looking but think it will be a fools errand and have been on many of those over the years - my MIL sends me on loads especially in when we are in UK

Thanks for tips on what to buy yoghurt wise. Hope the Mercadona in Algeciras stocks them. Now does anyone know which Rioja is syn free??
Aren't all of them ????;)

Seriously if you like red try one from the Ribera del Duero region. In my very humble opinion it beats a Rioja hands down and even the young ones are good.
A really reasonably priced one is Vina Mayor and a better one and my favourite is Protos.

I don't believe it Pomette. They have gone! Actually, I too am not a choccie lover, husband goes mad! I still have a box of Ferreros bought by a customer at Christmas...with 3 out!!.. Plus, the last 'La Ligera' one I ate was dated 'best before 6th March' And that was only a week or so ago? So... maybe, forget it. I obviously, am not that desperate- just a curiosity thing... Hmm, plus if they were next to none in Syns... Who knows?? (my weight{Or rather my clothes are not fitting better} is not going down anyway,even though I have really cut back! And I am excercising! Garrgh!)
I found the Pasteleras though. Tried 2/4 flavours, so far... and wow... How yummy are they? Thank you so much :D

Powla said - I found the Pasteleras though. Tried 2/4 flavours, so far... and wow... How yummy are they? Thank you so much

Friends arrive from UK last night - not staying with us so took them shopping and they wanted yoghurts - would not let them buy from Lidl but took them to Mercadona for Pasteleras - just rung us and said if we are passing tomorrow will we buy them 2 more cartons as they have eaten 4 this afternoon and could have eaten the whole lot.
Think we should be on commission from Mercadona :D

Powla said - I found the Pasteleras though. Tried 2/4 flavours, so far... and wow... How yummy are they? Thank you so much

Friends arrive from UK last night - not staying with us so took them shopping and they wanted yoghurts - would not let them buy from Lidl but took them to Mercadona for Pasteleras - just rung us and said if we are passing tomorrow will we buy them 2 more cartons as they have eaten 4 this afternoon and could have eaten the whole lot.
Think we should be on commission from Mercadona :D

They are super delicious and I could not believe anything that was syn free could be that good .

Discovering them was one of the reasons I started this thread.

I have recommended them to so many people that I think Mercadona should give them to me free for the rest of my life.

It might be worth reading this thread from the beginning to see what foods are available as free and low syn foods.
I am so pleased that so many of you enjoy the yogurts even if Bev ( Pommette) has had to give them up as she was rapidly becoming an addict:D.

Hi

I thought the pasteleras yoghurts had syns, so stopped buying them. Could someone confirm

Thanks, Sue

No syns, they are free so munch away.

Nice to see you !!!:wavey:

POMETTE, I dont know if to thank you or be cross with you????

You introduced me to Mercadona's Pasteleria 0% yogurts, you really are a bad girl for spreading this information about.

They are sooooooo delicious,,,, dont know how the can be 0%.

So as I say thanks or not ??
you decide.

Have eaten 2 today, think will have to ration them.
x

Well, for what my opinion is worth, why not say thanks and eat the lot? After all, if they are syn free, it is better filling up on those, (or even a whole chicken.... minus skin - and bones I hasten to add) than, for instance, crisps or Toblerones, or what ever took your 'fat days' fancy.
Keep being a woman, being strong, eye6769

Back