Spain free and low syn foods.

Hi

I thought the pasteleras yoghurts had syns, so stopped buying them. Could someone confirm

Thanks, Sue
There are 2 types I think. One lot do have syns but as long as you get the 0% ones they are deffo free!

I am so pleased that so many of you enjoy the yogurts even if Bev ( Pommette) has had to give them up as she was rapidly becoming an addict:D.
POMETTE, I dont know if to thank you or be cross with you????

You introduced me to Mercadona's Pasteleria 0% yogurts, you really are a bad girl for spreading this information about.

They are sooooooo delicious,,,, dont know how the can be 0%.

So as I say thanks or not ??
you decide.

Have eaten 2 today, think will have to ration them.
x
That was why I gave them up!
There were several days when I would have one of each flavour. Mid-morning snack with fruit, with fruit after lunch, Mid-afternoon snack with fruit and another with yet more fruit after supper.
My poor hubby got fed up with the increase of our shopping bills to fund my fruit and yoghurt habit! Plus not to say the least the amount of time I spent in the loo because of the huge quantites of fruit I was eating. TMI I know!!! :eek:

Back on the boring 0% bifidus ones but at least it keeps me to 2 a day!

Got some stuff in Mercadona, queso fresco batido 0% think it quark? made a great quiche, just used half the tub and 6 eggs and veg, does anyone know if its free?

Could anyone tell me if the Wasa Vitalite crackers are a HEXB and if so how many.

Also, a question about minced beef - Mercadona doesn't do lean minced beef (love bologneses etc), so have always just used the normal mince and got rid of the fat when the mince is browned - where do you get yours?

There are 2 types I think. One lot do have syns but as long as you get the 0% ones they are deffo free!

There were several days when I would have one of each flavour. Mid-morning snack with fruit, with fruit after lunch, Mid-afternoon snack with fruit and another with yet more fruit after supper.
My poor hubby got fed up with the increase of our shopping bills to fund my fruit and yoghurt habit! Plus not to say the least the amount of time I spent in the loo because of the huge quantites of fruit I was eating. TMI I know!!! :eek:

We won't mention the loo roll then... lol

Could anyone tell me if the Wasa Vitalite crackers are a HEXB and if so how many.

Also, a question about minced beef - Mercadona doesn't do lean minced beef (love bologneses etc), so have always just used the normal mince and got rid of the fat when the mince is browned - where do you get yours?

I think you can treat Wasa Light the same way you treat Ryvitas. I know you can with Lidls own crispbreads ( the sesame seed ones are good and very economical)

The only answer with the minced beef is to go to a butchers or a supermarket with a butchers counter and buy lean shoulder steak and have it minced. That is what I do or failing that I use quorn mince.

I do not know if you speak Spanish, I am sure you do but just in case if you need help just ask.

We won't mention the loo roll then... lol

Only one type ladies. They just changed the cover and a few of the flavours..drat them I liked the original one the best.:D

Thanks Sue.

Was treating them like Ryvita then thought maybe (as they are nicer) they would be synned.

Unfortunately speak very little Spanish, so I may take you up on the help!

Very Low Fat Mince

I checked on the 'net to see how much fat is supposed to be in very low fat mince according to UK requirements. I discovered that a fat content of less than 9% is classed as "very low fat" so with that in mind I headed off to my local Mercadona to look at the mince packets and post what I found:

Chicken/Turkey mince = 5% fat :)
Beef mince = 12% fat
Pork mince = 20% fat

A whole world of mince recipes just opened up for me.

Hi again, re- the mousse, come choc o' feu pot.... chocolate thingy from Mercadona...(they have changed the packaging, that's why I thought there were none in,when I asked the question in August) Here goes... each one =130g and the stats for each pot are;-
k/cals.....82
Proteins...5.5
Carbs,11.8
(of which are azucares)7.2
Fat 1.2,
(of which are sats)0.7
Also have any of you tried the 'Sin Azucar' Lemon Sorbet lollies??? Delish!!
Any syn value would be much appreciated thank you...before I ruin my 'unstarted, as yet , new challenge!!)

Chicken/Turkey mince = 5% fat :)
Beef mince = 12% fat
Pork mince = 20% fat

What about the mixed Pork/beef one though, please?? However, I wonder whether you get ALL of the same products, here in Canaries, compared to the Peninsula.. We shall have to maybe compare prices too....for amusement purposes, only :)

A whole world of mince recipes just opened up for me.[/QUOTE]

Hi again, re- the mousse, come choc o' feu pot.... chocolate thingy from Mercadona. . .
Here goes... each one =130g and the stats for each pot are;-
k/cals.....82
Proteins...5.5
Carbs,11.8 (of which are azucares)7.2
Fat 1.2, (of which are sats)0.7
According to Syn Calculator they are 4 syns. That's assuming they have no free foods in them as the SW website says "Puddings & desserts have no free food values".

Use 20 cals = 1 syn as a rough guide.

Not tried the sugar free lemon sorbet lollies, although have tried the sugar free "mini magnum" immitations. They're pretty good too!

Use 20 cals = 1 syn as a rough guide.

Not tried the sugar free lemon sorbet lollies, although have tried the sugar free "mini magnum" immitations. They're pretty good too!
Thank you, thank you, for all that information.. Do we really, really need them though, I ask myself,??, especially when we have a new 'challenge'. Have I posted my stats??, if not, I shall do it now.

What about the mixed Pork/beef one though, please?? However, I wonder whether you get ALL of the same products, here in Canaries, compared to the Peninsula.. We shall have to maybe compare prices too....for amusement purposes, only :)
QUOTE]

Sorry for the delay Powla, the Pork/Beef mixed mince says 17g per 100g therefore 17%.

I hope this helps

Hi y'all,

Just a quick note to let you know that Iceland have the Uncle Ben's Rice Time on offer at 1.69€ this month.

Uncle Bens Rice Time Cantonese 1 syn on green
Uncle Bens Rice Time Sweet & Sour syn free on green
Uncle Bens Rice Time Mexican Chilli 1½ syn on green
Uncle Bens Rice Time Chicken Tikka 5½ syns on green

Ideal for a snack on a green or EE day :)

Thanks for that. I do mainly green so that is good and we have a big Iceland in our village.

Which is your closest one? Ours is Benissa.

Yeah, me too! I only live in Senija so it's really convenient for me.

Hey !! We are neighbours. I live in Benissa and we have friends in Senija.

Back