Spain free and low syn foods.

Hiya sv1711

Threads not very active these days - as I think most of the Spanish contingent have disappeared off Minis.
I'm still here and monitor the thread so ask if there's any help you need

Hi, im in Mallorca :) been on sw a week today and havent done too bad considering the vino attacked me on saturday night :cry: I just because some of you are talking about the strawberry quark if you know if we can have Eroski strawberry quark too??? Its not 0%mmg but something like 0,2 i think and VERY nice :p

Hi Mariloo - welcome to the Spanish thread.
Great to someone new around trying SW. I'm an "oldie" in 2 senses - I'vebeen doing SW since 2007!!
And I'm no spring chicken any more either so old in that sense too.

If you give me the following I can get the syn value calculated on the SW site.
I need to know from the packaging - the following counts per 100g
1. Calories (kCal per 100g)
2. Protein (grams per 100g)
3. Carbs (grams per 100g)
4. Fat (grams per 100g)
5. Package/portion size (grams)

Good luck chica.

Oooh ladies - for those of you that shop in Mercadona, they have some new yoghurts out.
0% Linnea V - desnatado - Con Fruta.
I've just had the Fresa one - it has bits of strawberries in but I poured it over some fresh strawbs.
T'was delish. And at just 49 kcal a tub it's free - just checked on on SW website.
Yayyyy

I've another new Frutas Bosque 0% bifidus one for tomorrow. Only 46 kcal and also free

Last edited:
Any ladies familiar with Morcilla..a type of black pudding sausage? I'd imagine it would be sky high but I absolutely love it!

Afraid so - I love it too but avoid it like the plague because of the syns - roughly 10 for a very small sausage or slice

Ohh my gosh!! I have 4 left in the fridge, let's hope they'll keep well, haha! Was off yesterday and today which I treated like a mini holiday, went to 100 Montaditos but went to Alcampo straight afterwards and bought a big healthy shop, food now planned for the rest of the week! Phew! Since lean mince seems to be impossible to get hold of, I bought normal mince and synned it at 6.5 per 100g.

If you want lean mince buy lean stewing steak and ask your butcher to mince it for you and save yourself 6.5 syns.............

We have lived here 32 years and always use a family butchers as they will prepare your meat anyway you want it rather than than buy supermarket prepacked meat.

I have no butchers apart from the ones in supermarkets nearby, but one of the British food shops near me has in Asda's packet mix of meat free bolognaise which is free, so looking forward to trying it! :)

Hi everyone, I have lived in Almeria for 10 years and had my second child on April 9th and now want to get weight back down! could I ask for some help please? I only joined this week and I'm getting to grips with everything. I have a drinking yogurt from Lidl which is 0% fat and no added sugars, I have put the details in to the calculator and get 11.5 syns if no free food or FREE if I choose dairy but I don't know which I should use? Also if its the 11.5 is that for the whole bottle or 100gm? I believe some Milbona standard 0% fat yogurts are free but it is Milbona Drink!! so I presume thats different. Information: per 100g 31Kcal, 132KJ, 0.1 Fat, 4.0 carb, 2.9protein. Sorry if this sounds silly. Would appreciate any help. Thank you!

Hi everyone, I have lived in Almeria for 10 years and had my second child on April 9th and now want to get weight back down! could I ask for some help please? I only joined this week and I'm getting to grips with everything. I have a drinking yogurt from Lidl which is 0% fat and no added sugars, I have put the details in to the calculator and get 11.5 syns if no free food or FREE if I choose dairy but I don't know which I should use? Also if its the 11.5 is that for the whole bottle or 100gm? I believe some Milbona standard 0% fat yogurts are free but it is Milbona Drink!! so I presume thats different. Information: per 100g 31Kcal, 132KJ, 0.1 Fat, 4.0 carb, 2.9protein. Sorry if this sounds silly. Would appreciate any help. Thank you!

Hi EmmaLu - and welcome to SW and Minis.

I think something maybe went wrong with your input into the syns calculator - as I've just done the same calcs as you and it doesn't come out as 11.5 syns.
When you use the syns tools, you can tell it to calculate per 100g or per pack size.
So maybe the 11.5 you came up with was for the whole packet

As a rule of thumb - 20kcal = 1 syn.
So if the kcal given on the pack are per 100g - but it is packaged as 150g - then if it said 20 kcal per 100g then this would be 30kcal for the 150g packet so 1.5 syns for the total amount in the pack.

Most 0% fat plain yogurt is free - although there are 1 or 2 exceptions as some do have real sugar in.
Flavoured ones often have syns though.
The only greek style yogurt that I know of that Lidl do here in Spain is not fat free - it it low fat - and this is listed online
Milbona Greek Style Low Fat Natural Yogurt , per 100g = 1.5 syns

I'm sure someone will correct me but I don't think drinking yogurt is ever free - even if 0% fat. The latest book says
Yogurt drink - Standard = 4 syns per 100 g
Yogurt drink - Low fat or 0% = 2.5 syns per 100 g

I've looked in the syns database and the only Milbona Yoghurt drink I can find is this
Milbona L.Casei Yogurt Drink 4 pack, 125g bottle = 4.5 syns

Hope this makes sense.

It might also be worth asking on the syns thread if anyone know this answer to this.
I see you've added something to a recent post - but I would suggest you start a new thread.
In the title, give the full name on the packet - then in the post give all the info from above per 100g plus the pack size, and someone may know from group in the UK whether it is free or not.

Are you breast feeding? If so check on how many Hex's you can have as I think you are allowed extra.
I don't have the booklet for pregnancy and new mums - as I don't need it!!!! :8855:

Last edited:
Hi EmmaLu - and welcome to SW and Minis.

I think something maybe went wrong with your input into the syns calculator - as I've just done the same calcs as you and it doesn't come out as 11.5 syns.
When you use the syns tools, you can tell it to calculate per 100g or per pack size.
So maybe the 11.5 you came up with was for the whole packet

As a rule of thumb - 20kcal = 1 syn.
So if the kcal given on the pack are per 100g - but it is packaged as 150g - then if it said 20 kcal per 100g then this would be 30kcal for the 150g packet so 1.5 syns for the total amount in the pack.

Most 0% fat plain yogurt is free - although there are 1 or 2 exceptions as some do have real sugar in.
Flavoured ones often have syns though.
The only greek style yogurt that I know of that Lidl do here in Spain is not fat free - it it low fat - and this is listed online
Milbona Greek Style Low Fat Natural Yogurt , per 100g = 1.5 syns

I'm sure someone will correct me but I don't think drinking yogurt is ever free - even if 0% fat. The latest book says
Yogurt drink - Standard = 4 syns per 100 g
Yogurt drink - Low fat or 0% = 2.5 syns per 100 g

I've looked in the syns database and the only Milbona Yoghurt drink I can find is this
Milbona L.Casei Yogurt Drink 4 pack, 125g bottle = 4.5 syns

Hope this makes sense.

It might also be worth asking on the syns thread if anyone know this answer to this.
I see you've added something to a recent post - but I would suggest you start a new thread.
In the title, give the full name on the packet - then in the post give all the info from above per 100g plus the pack size, and someone may know from group in the UK whether it is free or not.

Are you breast feeding? If so check on how many Hex's you can have as I think you are allowed extra.
I don't have the booklet for pregnancy and new mums - as I don't need it!!!! :8855:

From what you have said the 11.5 may be right as it is a 750ml bottle so I think thats right according to 1 syn per 20kcal you mention.

Yes I am breastfeeding so I am allowed a total of 5 healthy extras I believe.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

Just wondering which bread you use for HE?

I found 0% quark at lidl so im looking forward to doing some of the recipies with it

Do you have an alternative that you use for options chocolate powder? Im not sure if i can replace it with any other cocoa powder.

Just wondering which bread you use for HE?
Mercadona Pan Integral - 2 slices are exactly 60gm

I found 0% quark at lidl so im looking forward to doing some of the recipies with it 
You can also get 0% fromage frais in Mercadona - Queso Fresco Batido - you can get it in a large pot or a set of 4 small ones.
I use that now all the time

Do you have an alternative that you use for options chocolate powder? Im not sure if i can replace it with any other cocoa powder.
I don't have a very sweet a tooth - so tend not to want cholate options.
I actually like plain yoghurt. :) So I don't mix them in with my yoghurts or pud etc.

However, I do like the occasional cup of hot chocolate and the one I use is 0% fat Cola Cao.
Roughly 2 syns for 10gm spoonful in milk - and you either have to syn the milk or take as HexA.

Hi so pleased to have found this thread. I live in Galicia Northern Spain and have been on SW on and off for over a year. Here in Galicia I really struggle to find foods that are Slimming World friendly. I have ued the yoghurts from Mercadonna and was convinced that they were at leat 2 syns because they are so tasty so now I''m a happy bunny.

Just thought I'd add to this thread with my finding since starting SW 3 weeks ago! I live in Zaragoza.

Mercadona is the best for me (when I've got the patience to look!) As there isn't a Lidl nearby.
The blue boxed porridge oats are fab; COPOS DE AVENA(cereal aisle) great price and easy to use for smoothies/biccies/cakes and 35g count as your HEXB.
Queso fresco batido desnatado is basically Quark/Fromage Frais and so low, practically syn free. Ace for creaming up soups, pasta, cakes, scrambled eggs etc.
0% yogurt HACENDADO/la pastelería are either 1/2 syn per pot for the ones with pieces of pie in, or free... I don't actually count them, but it depends on you! Fruit ones are free. The cremoso desatado 0% is lovely for a bit of sweetness and really low too.

Always on the lookout for new stuff, so let's share our findings chicas! Un abrazo!

Also, I'm making my own chocolate cakes with cocoa 0% materia grasa añadida to satisfy my cravings, BUT when they don't work I'm struggling to find anything lower than 6 syns to enjoy as a choc snack! As I live up North, our beloved English chocs aren't sold here. Kinder Bueno is the lowest I can find but that's still 6 syns a stick... hardly worth it. Anyone got any ideas? What I'd do for a curly wurly right now...

Hiya sv1711

Threads not very active these days - as I think most of the Spanish contingent have disappeared off Minis.
I'm still here and monitor the thread so ask if there's any help you need
Are you still here? I live in Tenerife, found the thread and it has come to an end:(

I still swear by Mercadona. Fat free no added sugar yoghurts, and also buy their crustless wholemeal bread.

Back