Spalmons journey to a slimmer, healthier body!

Spalmon

Well , it's d-day minus one as I , like many others I'm sure, will start my new year with a dedicated effort to change my relationship with food once and for all...I'm edging into it by starting logging my food yesterday and today, and have been making sure I get some exercise every day - walking for an hour in rain and wind every day except last Friday since I finished for the Xmas break a week last Friday.
i must have lost stones and stones since I first started trying to diet 25 years ago, and am now fatter and unhealthier than ever, so whatever I've been doing hasn't worked! I have no will power or discipline when it comes to my body and food intake ...except when I'm " on a diet" when I'm pretty good...so, I will be 50 in 2014 and it is getting harder and harder each time so I need to find a route than I can live with forever rather than the endless yoyo-ing . I need to set an initial goal, and then keep amending it to ensure that once I have reached my goal I then set a maintenance goal too. I need to take it slowly and find a way to get exercise permanently into my life...
this is getting harder as I am having pain in my knee which means I can't run any more so need to swim or walk and both of these earn fewer calories than running however that doesn't mean it can't be done and I need to stop looking for eXcuses and get on with it. It's my body, my life and it is precious ...I don't want to be an unhealthy and inactive elderly person I still have many things I want to do and many adventures I want to have.
i really hate my body at the moment ( or rather, hate the way it looks !)...I want to feel attractive again so I can feel more confident. But most important of all I want to be fit for the rest of my life! This matters...so, I need to just do it..
i am going to keep this diary every day to try to keep myself on track with how I'm doing and more importantly how I'm feeling.
i am going to weigh myself tomorrow morning and then do a weekly Saturday morning weigh in...
today I have " treated" myself to a gingerbread latte and breakfast loaf, but logged it and as long as I stick to the plan for the rest of the day and go for my walk I should be within calories -ish...
i feel positive and determined , but a little bit nervous as I really feel this needs to count...if I can't do this , when will I...time is running out I feel to set myself up properly for my middle/old age. Am nervous about weighing myself tomorrow as I can tell from how my clothes feel that this will be the heaviest I've ever been, I feel ashamed of myself just thinking about it.
any helpful hints from anybody gratefully received!
happy new year everyone
spalmon

Ok , so far so good ! Have kept to plan so far, been for a tough 3 hour walk, feeling nicely determined ....the weigh in to come to set things off properly but feel I have made a proper start now!

Oh dear, the grim news is that my weight was even more than I feared!! Anyway, it's out there now and I'm on the first leg of my journey...

Day 1, not so great I am afraid...having done really well all day I arrived at my mon- Friday flat ready for work and scarfed down 8.... Yes, 8 digestives with cheese, I am pretty disgusted with myself. So it's day two and I am going to have to have my wits about me! Have had my smoothy for breakfast ,packed my soup and fruit for lunch at work, and got my swimming kit ready ....think I might have to throw away all unhealthy food I seem to have no will power at all when I'm tired so if I just dump anything unhealthy I suppose that will stop me eating it !!....am determined to have a better day.

Yay, a much better day today ...have logged everything, walked for 30 mins and swam for 45 mins also stuck within my calories...great feeling to have stuck to the plan...lets hope I can keep it up again tomorrow!

keep it up Spalmon! we can do this!! :)

Keep going. You'll get there, sound like you're on the right path :) xxx

hi spalmon and good luck... stick at it!

Thanks everyone for your support !
yesterday was another tick in the box..I had a busy day including a long drive so no time for any exercise, but I stuck to my food plan apart from an unplanned yoghurt...
today I will have time for a walk or bike so that wil " buy" me enough cals for a treat glass of wine tonight
first weigh in tomorrow , hoping to lose 1 lb as not a full week since my first weigh in...fingers crossed !
have a great day one and all

Well, first weigh in and I've lost 1.2lbs, in line with what I was hoping as I only weighed on Tuesday...so a good start..steady as she goes ! Come down with another cold ( that's six in three months !) so feeling pretty grotty , not sure I will be p for a walk later and for some reason I'm starving ..happy Saturday everyone x

Great news - well done! Feel better soon

good start! and right on: slow and steady wins this race

Great weigh in result Spalmon - all heading in the right direction! Hope you're feeling well enough to get out walking again soon

Well done lovely xxx

Well I'm afraid I haven't updated this for a while as I've been away from home , but I have been very determinedly carrying on and have weighed in this morning and lost 4.8 lbs over the two weeks which I'm really pleased with. I've cut out all non fruit and veg carbs, wine, dairy for three weeks and am managing that quite well ...actually I'm feeling full as I'm not calorie counting at all. I have started at a gym so hopefully this will really help too. The only problem is that I have managed all this by living pretty much as a hermit to allow me to totally control what I'm eating and drinking and this isn't a realistic life strategy !!
next week I will be away for one night at a hotel so that's my first major challenge, managing to keep to my plan-ish whilst not being a killjoy...
And I really want to maintain another 2.4 lbs weight loss for the week as that will get me into the 11s ( just!) which will be such a boost...
anyway I am " banking" my progress so far which I am really happy with...and girding myself for the challenges of the week ahead. I'm going to have a manicure as a mini treat today for achieving my January challenge.
happy Saturday everyone ! X

how you doin spalmon?

Gosh can't believe how long it's been since I updated ! I joined a gym and started a detox and have been pretty focused on that - have been really good and now lost 15 lbs since I started 1st Jan..but I lost 1.7lbs only last week despite sticking religiously to the diet ( no carbs , all fresh fruit and veg , no dairy, no wine etc) ..and am getting scared that I'm starting to plateau as I've still so much to lose .. Anyone got any ideas ?! It could be that I'm starting to build muscle which does weigh more than fat which I will be able to check next week at gym.
crazy, I'm feeling glum about 1.7 lb weight loss ! But I really expected more having been soooo good !
hope everyone has a great weekend x

Hi there, sorry I've been so absent ! Thanks for thinking of me, hope you are doing ok ..I'm still losing and trying to be v good , have now lost 15 lbs since I started which I should be really happy with but it feels like the loss is slowing down and I've sooooo much more to lose ! Have a lovely weekend x

Wow spamming u have done great with ur weight loss - I am down 13lb - it's been slow and the little 0.5lb loss weeks are hard but as long as we are moving downwards its all good - u should be proud of yrself I know I am - keep it up and positive things will happen xox

Back