Sparty's recipe and food diary

image-776704243.jpg

Not the most special looking dinner but still tasty. I cooked the fish in a foil parcel with coriander, Thai seasoning and chopped onion. Then just boiled up some veggies to go with with.

Easy peasy!!

image-3634011187.jpg

I just made this for pudding! It looks like a pile of goo but it's actually lovely. I toasted some porridge oats and mixed with pumpkin seeds. Then put on a baking tray and stick in the oven to brown off. Add a little drizzle of honey first to make it stick together.

Then I just mixed it with Greek style yoghurt and another drizzle of honey. The granola works out to one syn per 4 tablespoonfuls (have made it before) and the honey is one syn. I didn't have low fat natural yoghurt but only had 3 tablespoons. So counting the bowl as 3 syns!

Chicken Liver and Bacon Pate
Ingredients

8oz/227g Chicken Livers
4oz/113g Bacon (fat removed)
1 Large shallot
1 Garlic Clove -
Half a tspn mixed Herbs - (I used garlic mixed herbs because I hate messing around with garlic!!)
Very low fat Fromage Frais (I used 2 dessert spoonfuls)
Fry Light
Salt and Pepper

Preparation

Peel and chop the onion, peel and crush the garlic, chop the bacon.

Spray a frying pan with Fry Light and cook the chopped onion, mixed herbs and crushed garlic until tender. Add the chicken livers and fry for 7 minutes, add the bacon and cook for a further 3 minutes, season to the preferred taste.

Place the mixture from the frying pan into a blender, add a spoonful of Fromage Frais and blend until the mixture is smooth. If too course, keep adding the Fromage Frais a bit at a time until you reach the preferred consistency.

Sin value per serving:

image-1230877449.jpg

Red Day (original) - FREE
EE - FREE

Some veggie soup - free on green and EE. (1 hexb on red)

image-1200432356.jpg

1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
450g carrots chopped
1 potato chopped
1 onion chopped
1.2 litres veggie stock
1 tsp ground coriander

Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion, then fry for 5 mins until softened.
Stir in the ground coriander and potato, then cook for 1 min.
Add the carrots and stock, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat.
Cover and cook for 20 mins until the carrots are tender.
Tip into food processor with the coriander. then blitz until smooth (you may need to do this in two batches).
Return to pan, taste, add salt if necessary, then reheat to serve.

It made me about 4 portions. I froze some and it looked a bit sloppy when defrosted but I just kept stirring and heating slowly and then it was fine.

Right - I am back on SW now after a holiday and I am reviving my food diary! Please post your ideas as well so i have some inspiration :eek:)

Tonight it will be something simple as I have to eat before I go food shopping (dangerous otherwise!!) Will update later!.....

Right dinner done! I had SW fried poteto's, tomatoes and mushrooms cooked with fry light and a little salt. Only a small dinner but yummy :)

Last edited:
Right - new year and new start to my diary upkeep!

Yesterday I cooked a roast chicken, roast potatos, roasted veg with garlic and lots of greens (broccolli, peas and greenbeans). No oil used at all - I chucked all the roasted veg and potatos in with the roasted chicken so no need for fry light or anything.

Today I am using leftover chicken to make a nice stir fry with thai green spices (brought back from my holiday to Thailand) All I am going to do is use courgette, peppers, spring onions, soya beans and green beans and fry them off in a little fry light and soy sauce. Then chuck in the spices and pre-cooked chicken and serve with some rice noodles (but only a small portion) On a green day today so this is only using up one hexb for the chicken!

Will try to add a piccie later!

Yum!!! Simple stir fry of vegetables cooked in fry light and soy sauce. Salmon is oven cooked with some homemade fake Philly cheese on......recipe to follow!!!

image-754360763.jpg

Lunch today was salmon topped with fake Philly and salad with tons of fruit.

Bf cooking again today so I am on EE. We are having gammon with honey and mustard, roasties, broccoli and peas. Not sure how much honey he is using so I'm staying syn free all day until I get home and can record it!

I'm on a green day today. This doesn't look like much but it was actually tasty. I cooked an omelette with onion, mushroom and part of a hexa cheese.

While that was cooking I fried up some courgette, pepper and onion with some garlic. Then I put it inside flat mushrooms and put the rest of the hexa cheese over the top and oven cooked it.

image-2678720912.jpg

Sparty your recipes are great.. I've always just done extra easy, as I am a lazy easy life kinda girl!! I will have a go at red and green.. Thank you x

I'm glad you think so. Fish cakes are on the menu tomorrow but the shop bought variety as I'm tying to eat down what's in my freezer.

Have to admit I don't always remember to post but its nice to know someone is looking at what I do write :)

I'm glad you think so. Fish cakes are on the menu tomorrow but the shop bought variety as I'm tying to eat down what's in my freezer.

Have to admit I don't always remember to post but its nice to know someone is looking at what I do write :)

This site is fab .. I don't know how I've done it so far without! Mmmmm fish cakes! Think I might go for steak and SW chips and salad tomorrow.. If I can get out to buy it.. It's very snowy here!

Thanks again x

EE day today and fishcakes on the menu!

They are tesco finest salmon fishcakes (6 syns each) veg is all just steamed and I used a hexa of garlic and herb Philly in the mash. Mmmm

image-998710471.jpg

Red day

I don't usually post brekkie but I'm so pleased with the decent brekkie you can have on SW that I just had to.

image-31892619.jpg

The roll was a hexb toasted under the grill and the rest was freeeeeee!!

I made a stew in the slow cooker for tea with chunks of beef, potato, carrot, green beans and peas and stock. 1.5 syns for a bit of gravy granules and it was yummy!!

Extra easy

Had a big lunch at my bf's mum so dinner tonight is small. I am using hexb for 3 sweet onion ryvita and my hexa of low fat cheddar.

1 x marmite and cheese
1 x ham and tomato
1 x ham and cheese

Then an apple and cherry toms with the left over cheese :)

Mmmmm

image-3739788281.jpg

Red day

Had a starter of mussels in garlic sauce (3 syns for my portion size) and then a lovely stir fry. I chopped up courgette, pepper, spring onions, mushrooms, baby sweetcorn, sugar snaps and a green chilli. Threw in some frozen soya beans as well for good measure. I cooked it in light soy sauce and one tsp of Chinese 5 spice and threw some prawns in right at the end!

image-264264887.jpg

image-2865847440.jpg

Treated myself to some Thai crackers to go with it at 6 syns for half a bag.

Back