Sparty's recipe and food diary

Thai salmon and roasted veg - syn free

Salmon fillet
Schwarz Thai seasoning
Roasting vegetables
Rosemary
Fry light

This is a staple in my household and so easy.

Par boil some potatoes (I used a hexb of sweet potato), and carrots. You could also use parsnips. Then pop them on a roasting tin with your other vegetables. I used courgette but you could also use red onion and peppers. Spray with fry light and sprinkle with rosemary. Pop into the oven at about 180 for 30 mins or until the veg is starting to brown.

Meanwhile, Top the salmon with the seasoning. I used schwarz Thai seasoning but have also done this using a hot pepper sauce, Harissa paste and paprika mixed with Philly light. Then pop the salmon on an oven try and cook for 15-20 mins.

View attachment 98477

I served mine with broccoli!

Chinese pork - slow cooker recipe 7 syns in total. Serves two

2 large pork chops
2 tablespoons brown sugar (4 syns)
1/2 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
4 tablespoons soy sauce
1 clove of garlic (chopped)
One Mugful chicken stock
Salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons ketchup (3 syns)

Place the pork chops in the bottom of the slow cooker. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a jug and pour over the chops. Cook on low for 6 or 7 hours. Voila!!

It's so easy and really really tasty. This amount of ingredients makes plenty of sauce (which I like). I served it with noodles and made sort of a pork and noodle broth with it but it would also be lovely with mash as a kind of gravy, SW egg fried rice or a full stir fry.

Thai salmon and roasted veg - syn free

Salmon fillet
Schwarz Thai seasoning
Roasting vegetables
Rosemary
Fry light

This is a staple in my household and so easy.

Par boil some potatoes (I used a hexb of sweet potato), and carrots. You could also use parsnips. Then pop them on a roasting tin with your other vegetables. I used courgette but you could also use red onion and peppers. Spray with fry light and sprinkle with rosemary. Pop into the oven at about 180 for 30 mins or until the veg is starting to brown.

Meanwhile, Top the salmon with the seasoning. I used schwarz Thai seasoning but have also done this using a hot pepper sauce, Harissa paste and paprika mixed with Philly light. Then pop the salmon on an oven try and cook for 15-20 mins.

View attachment 98477

I served mine with broccoli!

Now that sounds lovely and will try that this week :)

Nice red day dinner tonight of lamb 'donner kebab'. It's mince, onion, coriander, salt and pepper mixed together with a beaten egg and cooked in a loaf tin in the oven. Yummy!!

image-1877741015.jpg

Well this one isn't mine but bf has just made this after much inspiration from masterchef. It's a deconstructed fish pie.

image-1375832503.jpg

The white fish is haddock and the stacks are layers of sautéed potatoes and mashed up salmon. All served in a sauce of white wine, butter, garlic and chilli.

Since I'm on SW he made the ingredients stretch and used hexa of milk and Per person it works out as only 3 syns each!! Amazing and delicious!!!

Back