Sparty's recipe and food diary

Lol I noticed it in the pic as well once I posted it. Nothing interesting I can assure you - my (rather long) to do list for work!! Eeeekkk!!

Red day

Salmon fillet cooked in a tin foil parcel with salt, black pepper and Thai seasoning. Served with stir fried veggies cooked in soy sauce and Chinese five spice and a chopped chilli. Yummy!!

image-3798859202.jpg

EE dinner

Sausage and mash with veg and gravy. I used NuMe sausages from morrisons (1 syn each) and cooked then in 1 tsp whole grain mustard (1/2 syn). Carrots, broccoli and parsnips were just cooked as usual. I had one tsp of utterly butterly in the mash (2 syns) and gravy (4.5 syns - and well worth it!!)

image-1931669286.jpg

Red day

Chicken with hexa cheese wrapped in bacon. Bf cooked this on an oven tray with a little fry light.
Carrots and parsnips cooked in the oven and broccoli steamed. :)

image-534898054.jpg

Red day

Bf cooked me up some yummy fish and steamed veggies for a success express dinner. The cod has been cooked in foil with chilli, red pepper and onion

image-2568874160.jpg

Right. Had a bit of a break but tonight's SW dinner is salmon fillet topped with Philly and served with stuffed peppers.

For the salmon; top each fillet with hexa of Philly and parsley/paprika depending on preference and bake for 15-20 mins.

For the peppers; chop garlic, chilli, spring onion, pepper, mushrooms and courgette. put it in a saucepan and then season. Stir fry until courgette is soft. Meanwhile cook a handful or two of rice (today I used mushroom flavoured express rice as I was short of time so will syn it - you can do an EE or green day and have it free)

Cut peppers in half and fill with the mixture. Top with cheese (optional as depends on what day you are doing for hexa and syns). Put in the oven on a baking tray sprayed with fry light.

image-1141363981.jpg

Ahh thanks :)

I really must revive this a bit as I keep forgetting to post pics of my meals :)

Feel free to post your ideas too - always useful
To have inspiration.

Here is tonight's dinner....

image-2428244340.jpg

It is SW chips cooked with some paprika on them, SW coleslaw as per their usual recipe (I made mine so that its 2.5 syns per portion)

The chicken I coated in a mixture of dry smash, salt, pepper and fajita mix by schwarz. It's the yummiest chicken I've had in ages!! This will def become a regular treat! :)

Tried something new tonight and although it was a bit fiddley it was yummy.

I browned the mince off and drained the excess fat. Then I fried onion, mushroom, red pepper, fresh basil and 3 garlic cloves off a pan and added the drained mince. Then added 2 tins of chopped tomatoes and simmered it for 30
Mins.

Meanwhile I used a peeler to cut strips of courgette and laid them on kitchen paper. Sprinkle with salt and leave for 10 mins - this helps to absorb the water from the courgette. Then using a griddle pan on the hob I cooked them off for a few minutes.

I mixed a tub of fat free cottage cheese with two whisked eggs for the 'lasagne sauce' then layered an oven dish with meat, courgette, and sauce. Repeat and then cover with hexa cheese and bake in the oven for 15-20 mins until its bubbling hot!!

image-1030183382.jpg

image-1895652461.jpg

With thanks to xmisskx, here is my dinner from last night!

EE or red

Hunters chicken - free if using cheese as a hexa

For the sauce: (This makes enough for 2 or 3 generous portions)
227ml passatta (1/2 a carton)
3tbsp sweetener
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp worcester sauce
1/2 tsp mustard powder

Mix it all up in a saucepan, bring to the boil and then simmer until it thickens up.

For the chicken:
Chicken breast (one per person)
Bacon
Cheese (hexa)

Wrap the chicken breast in bacon and pop in the oven on a baking tray. I had my oven at about 180 degrees. Then when its nearly cooked, sprinkle the cheese over the top. Put it back into the oven to let the cheese melt and then serve with the sauce drizzled over the chicken.

Last night I had it served with peas, sweetcorn and sweet potato chips. :)

Back