Special K v Alpen Light

oxoxallyoxox

Okay I have come to the conclusion that I will need to find a nice healthy snack in order to keep away from the evil foods such as biscuits

So far the two best seem to be the special K bar (90 cals) and the Alpen light (70cals) from the reviews ive read the special K one seems to hit that suger spot

Anyone any experience with them?

Hi oxally
How are you? Havent tried the alpen one but I love the special K original cereal bar, it has 1.5 ww points in it and I find it very satisfying and does hit that sugar spot. Im not gone on the other flavours in the range though. Also for when you really want something nice ww do a choc cake bar, think you get 5 in a pack for E2.99 they are really lush and tasty and only 1pt per bar also. Im on hols next wk and am bringing some of the special k with me and maybe a couple of the choc ones to have after my evening meal out instead of all those tempting desserts. I so desperately want to keep the weight off. Told dh last night EVERYTHING I buy food wise in future is the low fat version. He was quite happy with this but I tend to cook quite sensibly anyway its just my nibbling all throughout the day that got me where I am

What is the ww one called sounds interesting

At the mo im craving suger so its really worrying me

Hiya
Think they are just called choc bars, they are in a dark blue pack with 5 individually wrapped bars in them, nearly sure they are 1pt each, you will find them in the confectionary section or if shop has ww section it will be there. Tescos also do the healthy options range and you can get little slices of carrot cake, again think they are 1-1.5pts, they are much cheaper than the ww range but I find they hit the spot when you want something nice after a low fat healthy dinner (prob is I was eating 2-3 at a time)

Ye thats definatly where self control comes in. Im really hoping that i can get some. Im really scared about eating again. There is no point in me even thinking I can go without something wicked so may aswell find something nice and light to have after my dinner for when ive had my belly full of o%fat yogurts.

I cant stop thinking about bread either which is a killer. I have to limit my bread intake so I am going to have 1 sandwich a week in work and 1 wrap and ill make them myself and stuff them with lots of healthy salad, no spread and some chicken, turkey or tuna.

Im the same, Im not ruling out 'nice' stuff altogether from my diet Im jsut going for the low fat option for everything, if its not there I wont eat it, or I will share it with oh. I start refeed tomorrow and Im very nervous about it I have to say, but Im all stocked up with plenty of fish and chicken. Going to go shopping tomorrow to get the salad stuff. I will let you know how I get on. When are you coming off lt?

Okay I have come to the conclusion that I will need to find a nice healthy snack in order to keep away from the evil foods such as biscuits

So far the two best seem to be the special K bar (90 cals) and the Alpen light (70cals) from the reviews ive read the special K one seems to hit that suger spot

Anyone any experience with them?
This all depends hun...what kind of plan ar eyou going to follow...low cal..low carb...or low gi ... you have to stick to the one you decide on and these could be very good or very bad depending on what eating plan you are going for xx

Special K bars are lovely and work for me, any WW snacks too and i also get some cranberry biscuit things in the tesco light range..good for whe you feel like nibbling xx

This all depends hun...what kind of plan ar eyou going to follow...low cal..low carb...or low gi ... you have to stick to the one you decide on and these could be very good or very bad depending on what eating plan you are going for xx

I really need to read up on all these diets.
Can you follow all 3 to a certain extent? ie low fat (which in turn will most prob be low cal) and low gi foods too. Im getting so confused with them all.
I start refeed tomorrow and have been trying to work out which way to go post my hols next wk, want to do follow ww diet with points system and incorporate more low gi foods into my diet. Wud that work?

Special K bars are lovely, I found Alpen Lights a bit bland, tho the regular Alpen bars are the business :)

Im so confused about what diet to do. In a way I want to do low cal. But I really want to read more on the GI diet. If I could understand it im sure I would like it but im finding it really hard to understand

Im away on hols next week too Bindi, i had a great chat with my pahrmacist yesterday about what to have on hols she gave me some good ideas! im planning on having a maintance bar for brekkie with a piece of fruit, lunch will be a salad with some chicken or tuna and maybe a wrap or some crispbread, and then dinner ill be eating out so ill be prob having another salad or if i fancy something else she said ill be fine cos with all the moving around and the heat ill be burning cals!

What day you going and for how long?

Ladylipo
Im heading off Tues morn to majorca for a week. I was with my chemist today and she gave me the maintenance range for this wk to have while Im refeeding. Just had the bar and its very nice, very filling. Next week while Im away Im gonna have 2 maintenance and evening low fat meal and couple of drinks (vodka and diet 7up, or soda water). Plan to walk every morning and do couple laps of the pool. Im praying I come back with weight off. Where you off to? Have to go shopping this week cos Ive no clothes to fit me.

Ladylipo
Im heading off Tues morn to majorca for a week. I was with my chemist today and she gave me the maintenance range for this wk to have while Im refeeding. Just had the bar and its very nice, very filling. Next week while Im away Im gonna have 2 maintenance and evening low fat meal and couple of drinks (vodka and diet 7up, or soda water). Plan to walk every morning and do couple laps of the pool. Im praying I come back with weight off. Where you off to? Have to go shopping this week cos Ive no clothes to fit me.

good luck hon,hope it works for ya,mmmmmmm black man morocco..im doin the same started refeed today,strange sensation chewing but really enjoyed every mouthfull.yummy

So what did you have Jennyc?
I had 5oz chick fillet baked in oven in a little water and black pepper with salad and balsalmic vinegar.
Did you get the regular lt shakes or did they give you maintenance? I got maintenance products.

Im so confused about what diet to do. In a way I want to do low cal. But I really want to read more on the GI diet. If I could understand it im sure I would like it but im finding it really hard to understand
What parts do you not understand hunni... i have read about 7 different books now and think i have it sussed for when i come off

I had 5oz chick fillet baked in oven in a little water and black pepper with salad and balsalmic vinegar.
Did you get the regular lt shakes or did they give you maintenance? I got maintenance products.

And a Moroccan black man by the sounds of things...Mwa Mwa :eek:

hi hon,i have lt at them moment but the pharmist said he will put me on maintance on mon..need to refeed for one week first,your chicken sounds yum.i had roast chicken breast,with mixed salad,doesnt the refeed seem like way too much food?

hi hon,i have lt at them moment but the pharmist said he will put me on maintance on mon..need to refeed for one week first,your chicken sounds yum.i had roast chicken breast,with mixed salad,doesnt the refeed seem like way too much food?

Hiya Jennyc
How are you? Hows your refeed going? Yes I agree seems like a huge portion. Had 5oz of tuna in brine with small salad for lunch today and it was huge. 5oz tuna was nearly 3 small tins, I would never normally eat that. Having cod and veg for dins tonight, feel quilty for eating and I miss my shakes (though the maintenance bars are nice, gonna try the summer fruits drink in the morn for brekkie)

hi bindi
thats gas im the same,thank god its not just me,had my last body wrap today so couldnt eat or drink before it,(coz id have to pee)so didnt have the shake had sardine salad in brine s yum.just had chicken there but cant eat salad im still so full,might have the salad tonite when i finish work of the shake,im finding it really tough,my tummys so full.have also been quite bad with the water.but will make up for it in work later.am very excited about the potato tomo mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm gonna bake it,and put tuna and onion and salad on it..dont know how im gonna do the 3 meals on days 4-7?how have you been getting on in general hon?

Back