Special K's Blog Spot

Hi Katy,

well done for sticking it out so far and well done in talking down your student friends! I found that I can get a passable 'sandwich' for relevant occasions, though really my friends and colleagues have never really questioned my choice of food except for thinking 'I can't do that' when I would roll out my standard short summary: "no carbs, no fat, no sugar and yes that means no fruit either" ;)

What I do: use a portion of Galette mixture with added half tsp of baking powder and microwave it in a squareish plastic dish. Even better is the breadmaker version, see the recipe for 'Dukan bread' in the recipe section. Slice horizontally like bread (it can be toasted too) and then spread with (for example): quark and smoked salmon :D:D, dukan 'egg mayonnaise' (boil an egg, mix yolk with fromfrais and a touch of mustard and seasoning until you're happy with the result, add the chopped egg white. Add lettuce leaves etc in cruise.
Another nice one: Bresaola (it's airdired beef and Sainsbury and ALdi definitely sell it), again on 'bread' thinly spread with quark (or any other non-runny fat-free dairy). Or season quark with a sprinking of chives and a bit of salk, and you're eating a philadelphia sandwich. Or course you would probably need to add an extra portion of protein (like a chicken leg or home made burger patty) to go with that sandwich, although it does contain one egg already.

I like using quark (Tesco, Asda) to spread on bread as it's 'drier' than fromfrais, but total 0% might work too. It's virtually replaced butter/spread for me now.

Today was my PP day and because I had porridge for breakfast I had a 'salad' made with a chopped rollmops herring and a chopped egg at lunch, in a sauce made with fromfrais and seasoned with dill. I appreciate the herring may be an acquired taste(I love it...), but it would work really well with prawns or even chopped chicken. Maybe put some coarse mustard into the sauce in this case, and the tiniest pinch of sweetener (=honey and mustard:)).

Once in cruise it gets a bit easier to make your lunch look 'average' because you can have all sorts of salads, the simplest is pile mixed leaves in a dish, season and sprinkle with a bit of vinegar. then top with a generous portion of protein of choice: Roast chicken, smoked fish (mackerel, salmon), prawns, eggs.

Good luck!

Thanks Anjuschka

Some of those ideas are great, some of them not quite to my tastes, but each to their own :)

I will make the bread once I am out of attack, as Ive only got till Tuesday, but i am liking some of the other recipies for the bran instead.

Untill the week after next I cant be too adventerous with my food, as like any other student the bank account doesnt stretch that far, but Loan day is in sight :) so i can try to experiment more with different meats and fish soon. which I cant wait for, Im also longing for veggies and salad, cant wait for those either!

Well thats it, Day 3 is over, I have just spent my evening with the OH as he has just witnessed his first death as a student nurse and didnt take it too well, so I have been sat with him, and just got home.

No Uni tomorrow so I think my meal plan is:

B - 3 Cinnamon muffins, FF yogurt with sweetner or jelly

D - Crab meat and cottace cheese (or if i dont like crab meat - Salmon)

T - Lean Beef Pieces with herbs and a Quark & Fromage Frais dip with Herbs

Snacks - FF Yogurt with Sweetner or Jelly - Chicken Strips dry fried in Cajun spice and cottage cheese.

Drinkies - 3 litres of water, 2 tea with sweetner and milk, mouthfull of milk to take tablets with.

That looks good enough to me :)

Hopefully I will have a better day and so willl the OH as I feel really drained now as Ive not drank in 3 hours...

K xxx

OK, Day 4...

Woke up this morning (10 am) not feeling hungry at all... which I assume is a good sign?

Breakfast was at about 12:30, which consisted of 3 Cinnamon muffins and sweetened yogurt, a cup of tea and 1/4 litre of water.

Dinner, I Dont feel like eating, so I may have my tea and have a snack later on.

I hope the feeling of not wanting to eat is a good sign, as I am sure Ive been eating too much, and now my body is tollerating it.

I have one of these exercise step machines, so I will start using that today, as I dont feel comfortable to go out and about in public on my own just yet. Maybe once a few stone has gone...

Anyway my ramble for this afternoon is over with, will be back later on :)

K xx

End of day 4, I feel like Ive eaten loads even though Ive not, Deffo getting fuller quicker and not got a great appetite.

Tomorrow is a good afternoon event, as well as being a student nurse, I am also a member of St John Ambulance and with the football season starting its now time to start doing duties again!!!
So i am spending my saturday afternoon at Bolton Wanderers :/ not that I am a fan of football at all.

So I am off providing first aid tomorrow and all next weekend too... Keeping me out of mischeif :)

Plan for tomorrow (I dont know why I do plans, i never stick to them...)

B - Cinnamon Galatte FF yogurt (once Ive been and bought some)

D - Lean Beef dry fried with a Cottage Cheese and Herb dip

T - (cooked before, whilst at football) - Chicken strips and a dip of some description

S - See how I feel, but will have a bit of extra chicken just incase...

Shall see how tomorrow goe, we are expecting it to be busy...

K xx

End of Day 5.

What a day Ive had. Been to the Reebok stadium to the foot ball match with bolton vs man utd, was a busy match with patients :)

Got loads of exercise in waling about the stadium and treating and stuff, so all seems well, I am going to start walking tomorrow, I am gunna go to the local Country Park and see what I can do.

On the other hand I just want a ***** and moan now...

OH came round after football, he is 3 years younger than me, hes 20. I stood there and made him his tea, whilst he was eating that, I sat and ate a FF yogurt with jelly. I washed up his pots and put everything away, went upstairs, sat watching tv, he decided he wanted some :love: if you catch my drift... Since starting DD my sex drive has been in my boots, Ive just not been interested in it... Normal??? I dont know.

So he had his Wham Bam Thank you Ma'am, completly ignored then me, proceeded to watch tv whilst talking random babble and stuff, not touching me or anything, and i just feel a bit... I dunno, used?!?! Confused most definatly, as he is normally never like that at all...

I asked if he was staying the night, as somethimes he does, and the answer i get... NO, I want to go home...

Safe to say Im feeling hurt and confused and I just dont know... :cry:

I think Im a bit hormanal and all over the place, but just dont know...

Any way rant over with...

K xx

Aw, funnily enough, I had the same issue with my bloke last night... but it was actually a full moon, not that that is any excuse for their actions or lack thereof..
I live with my parents and they're away at the moment so muggins here is horse&dog sitting. And where I would usually stay at the blokes at a weekend, part of me was looking forward to a slobby saturday night infront of the telly on my own... til I got a "can I come over for tea" text... so he came over for his dinner, and got a bit of *whistles*, proceeded to stick his hand up my top and then fell asleep. Hmm. Typical.

I don't think they mean it, sometimes, they just don't click, don't realise, and just sit there and think "You know what, I've got it good here" ... Not that they ever actually voice that..!

Anyway, hello :) I thought I'd come and babble about menfolk all over your diary :p I've been reading your diary a couple of days, interested in how the Dukan works, how are you finding it? I'm a calorie counter at the moment, maybe considering a change to get a bit of a boost..

Hope you've had a good Sunday!! :)
Jen x

Hi Auburn.

Thanks for that, it was just my grumble, as you do. OH came out for a walk with me today, we didnt particularly talk about anything or nothing, just bits of everything really :) we were out for a good 2 hours.

Neither of us actually know how to have a relationship, its more of a pin the tail on the donkey and see how it goes, as my last relationship was a rough one by all stretches of the imagination and i am his first for everything... if you catch my drift ;)

I find the Dukan diet very easy, better than other low calorie and other diets ive been on, I dont particularly crave anything apart from what the family is eating, like tonight i was slobbering over their mash potatos, but sat hapily eating my raspberry flavoured yogurt instead. As youve gathered my first few days were all most hell-ish for me, but slept it off, found new energy and re-newed viggor, i know when i stepped on the scales this morning i had just lost a stone, but now, no more scales till tuesday morning, get a nice shock and then i can update my CP and ticker :) i may have to venture out on my own tomorrow as i found it lovely walking about today, charge up the Ipod and off i go.

Thanks for following me and my rambles, by all means post anything you want on here, it will keep us both entertained :)

Anyway end of day 6.

woke up nice and late, i like my weekend lie ins, as during the week i have to take my dad to work... tomorrow i have to be leaving home to take him at some unhealthy hour of 5 something or other... so it hink, back to bed for a couple of hours afterwards...

anyway, i have found a recipe for a galatte i can tollerate :)

so B was a cinnamon Galatte, with sweetner and FF yogurt

D - Chicken and Cotage Cheese

T - Full roast turkey with Cottage Cheese followed by FF yogurt

couple cups of tea, 1.5 lites of water and a couple of mouth fuls of skimmed milk :)

And a walk of 2 hours

Tomorrow

B - Cinnamon Galatte with sweetner and FF yogurt

D - Beef Steak and try and make some peppercorn sause with peppercorns, pepper and yogurt...

T - Chicken and Cottage cheese

I cant wait untill Wednesday to introduce some veggies, as i think i am lacking in fiber now, if you know what i mean, a bit hard to go to the loo...

Also the lady painters ahve set in today, as it all ways does when i start a diet, as normally i dont suffer from the monthlys, so with any luck, this wont be about much this time roung and should only be here a couple of days tops...

Anyway, looking forward to my walk again tomorrow and see the lbs coming off now :) i would love to be in a lovely dress for x mas, and a nice slinky one for OH 21st bday in march!!! it can be done :)

K xx

You are doing really well Hun keep it up and you will reap the rewards :)

Thankies :)

I like my rambles too, if youve not all ready guessed... First "official" weigh in tomorrow... Ive not scale hopped in 2 days so i should have a lovely surprise in the morning :)

Well, the end of day 7, one more day left on attack, and i am quite scared about moving onto cruise, ive been very happy on attack :)

as ive said, official weigh in tomorrow morning, and i hope i have a good loss, after some manic walking and dancing and generally enjoying my self :D

So today, i got up early to take my dad to work and went back to bed to watch a bit of tv, spoke to a friend from uni for an hour and before i knew it, it was 1pm and i hadnt done anything...

so Brekdin consisted of a cinnamon galatte with yogurt on it whilst some chicken fried away in the pan on the stove behind me, then ate sais chicken with cottage cheese... so a lovely boost for venturing out on my own in the big world for a walk.

Took the sister to the market for her to buy friut and veg for the family, took her home and got the ipod and a poncho (for good luck) and off i went to the country park.

it took me from leaving the car, to a bench for a little rest about 40 minutes, which includes a whopping big hill to climb up and a steady walk along a canal, back down an equally steep hill, though a bit more of a wooded path to a lovely bench over looking a weir, i sat for 10 - 15 mins watching fishes trying to jump up the weir, before walking back to the car, the walk consisting of a further 20 mins, on my wonders i took a few snapshots of swans and signets too.

I went to my brothers to play with the Parrots and see how my neice is getting on after breaking her arm, whilst waiting for the OH to finish work, the SIL was making a lovely chilli which leads me to a question... can we have kidney beans on a PV day? as she said she would make me a chillie for when i can have veggies as she makes it all fresh with loads of veggies in it. just i wont have the rice...

anyway picked OH up from home, sat whilst he had spag bol and garlic bread (that made me so hungry and could have fallen of the waggon, but didnt.... mmmmmmm garlic bread :) )

had my tea of the beef which you can use for a stir fry with a bit of herbs and some cottage cheese, and hated every mouthful of it, beef is deffo something not to have on its own... roll on PV days and winter casseroles :)

had about 3 - 4 litres of fluid, in the form of water, milk, tea and a bottle of pepsi max <-- decided i wanted a treat

had a shower with OH and gave him a foot massage (as i am a qualified masseuse too) went shopping took OH home and came home myself again...

PHEW what a busy evening, still not impressed the lady painters have decided to set in the day before my first weigh in... with any luck it wont affect me too much and i still have an amasing loss.

My plan for tomorrow...

- Make a to do list of all the odd jobs i need to do
- Go for a stroll, i dont think i could do the hill again for a 3rd day on the run, but will walk round the lodges at the country park a couple of times.
- go and fish out some of the clothes i want to fit into soon as i have some lovely jeans, never worn, and have them as my inspiration to work hard at this.
- finish jobs on to do list, as i have the memory of a nat...

possibly throw some food in there too :)

B - cinnamon galatte with a spponfull of yogurt
D - Salmon fillets
T - Chicken and cottage cheese

Snacks of wanted, yogurt and possibly a poached egg... see how i feel, as ive not been snacking as im not hungry any more.

Well yet another ramble over with...

watch out for another one tomorrow :)

K xx

Fantastic loss Katy well done :)

Well, the end of day 8, i should have only done attack for 7 days but mis counted it, as you do... :rolleyes:

not done a whole lot today, just had a generic mooch about, no particular exercise, boo hiss, so need to get back on that tomorrow.

:booboo: I have just realised ive not had my oatbran today, as i had yogurt for breakfast and thought i would have my galatte later on, only later on never came... and its too late now :( :cry:

I have been really shocked about my loss today :bliss: , i cant believe it!!! i know i cant have an 18lb loss every week, but it looks good for some good losses :) ive not seen anyone on here with a similar start weight to me, so its not as if i can have a look at their losses either.

i am hoping that when i start my next placement in a couple of weeks, with all the extra leg work of being on a large ward the weight will dissapear off me in time for christmas :) :xmastree: as its only 102 days untill christmas, meaning 105 untill my birthday and i would like to be nice and thiner to get some nice new clothes :) i have not got a clue what size i can even guesstimate i will be at by then either :hmm:

at mealtimes i am not hungry at all, and more than anything i just sit and play with my food whilst eating it, i am assuming along with the discusting taste in my mouth i am in ketosis? i couldnt tell if my breath is bad or my wee is sweet, as i cant smell anything...

ive had some horrible "cravings", well i wouldnt say cravings, just, sort of, i miss that... JUICE!!! i want juice again :( made OH some earlier and stood sniffing it :drool: but i suppose i have my treat one a week when i decide i want a small bottle of fizzy pop, i had pepsi max the other day and really enjoyed it, i am not a drinker of fizzy drinks at all, but i suppose one wouldnt hurt as long as theyre not everyday :confused:

well the lady painters are in full swing, which is very unusual for me as i normally never have one, as i have the implant, so i am not very happy at all :( and neither is the OH :whistles:

anyway, plan for tomorrow first day of cruise.

B - cinnamon galatte with a spead of FF yogurt
D - Coley and veggies
T - Mince, Onion, Peppers, Mushrooms, Tomatos and herbs, in a tangible spag bol sort of thingy, just no spag :)

Snacks - Yogurt if i feel like it

:wow: the first day without cottage cheese, shock horror!!!

loads of water and some exercise, but i am at uni, so CPR and other stuff it is then out for a walk, and finish the to do list which i wrote out but didnt even start...

So, good bye Attack, Hello Cruise and hopefully hello to a new x mas wardrobe!!! :)

New start new me!

K xx

Back