Speechless!

slimminglizard

What would make someone be so rude....I was in the queue at the shop and my neighbour turned and said wow you have put on a lot of weight. The whole queue just stared and I wanted to first of all punch him in the face and/or run out.

I haven't put on weight, I have lost weight.

Why would he be so nasty?

How rude! Did you say anything?

No I was just shocked that he would think he could say something like that. He thwn went on to compare me to a woman on our street who is a good 10 stone heavier than me but also has blonde hair.
Still speechless!

What would make someone be so rude....I was in the queue at the shop and my neighbour turned and said wow you have put on a lot of weight. The whole queue just stared and I wanted to first of all punch him in the face and/or run out.

I haven't put on weight, I have lost weight.

Why would he be so nasty?

That's awful and totally unnecessary. I hope his conscience catches up with him, people can be so cruel. Strange that he has said that and you've lost weight, not gained it and completely unprovoked too. Sorry you've had to deal with that, I bet you're now thinking of all the things that you wished you had said but were too shocked to get out at the time

Yes Am thinking of a lot of comebacks but good thing I did not think of them as I would probably be banned now from the shop !

For future reference, the best and easiest thing to remember to say is: "That was a rude thing to say!". That gets them squirming without you losing any of the moral high ground by shouting or ranting.

What a horrible man! I just don't know what goes through people's heads sometimes?

Rise above it and move on. His opinion isn't important but what a pig!

If he is a close neighbour pop round on the pretext of borrowing the eponymous "cup of sugar" then go in and say "wow your house is sh1t". Then leave. With or without the sugar, dependant upon requirement.

That is unbelievably rude and thoughtless. I don't think it is EVER okay to comment on someone else's body unless specifically invited to do so.

Back