1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Speedy Seafood Supper - Red day recipe

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by moomintroll, 10 March 2010 Social URL.

1. moomintroll

moomintroll Member

Hi guys

Thought I’d share one of my reliable RED (or GREEN if using the fish as HEX) super speedy suppers with you all….it really is delicious and is one of my non SW OH’s favourite suppers…

I’m sure I make it different every time, according to whatever I have to hand, but these are usually the key ingredients I throw in.

Hope you enjoy…

Serves 2 generously
    250g packet of mixed seafood (or chopped up fish / chicken fillets also work well
    2 celery sticks sliced thinly
    1/2 fennel bulb sliced thinly
    2 garlic cloves chopped
    1/2 red chilli chopped
    2oz white wine (2 syns – so 1 syn per portion)
    2oz veg stock
    handful of spring onions
    handful of any other veg you have to hand chopped / sliced
    tinned toms
    tbsp each fresh dill, chives and parsley chopped
    zest of 1 lemon
    couple of drops of tabasco sauce
    salt & pepper
    extra chopped herbs to garnish

Spray a pan with frylight, throw in the celery, fennel and garlic and gently sweat until beginning to soften and brown (4/5 mins).

Stir in the chilli, wine, stock, seafood, spring onions and veg, cover and leave to simmer for 2 mins (a couple more if using chicken).

Add the tinned toms, herbs, lemon zest and tabasco, season well and once again cover and leave to simmer for 2 mins.

Ladle into bowls, sprinkle the extra herbs on top (if using) and serve piping hot with a wedge of lemon on the side – scrummy!

N.B/ I often throw in the whole chilli as OH likes it hot and then I also put a dollop of quark or 0% greek yog on top – yum! He has his with chunks of French stick – it is usually enough as it is for me, however, I have been known to have it with a little rice (synned if on red – usually only enough for 2 syns), or even occasionally a chunk of the bread myself (usual works out to about 4/5 syns)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.