SPF Diary - Goodbye to the old me...

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diaries' started by sugarplumfairy, 28 September 2006 Social URL.

1. Well here goes with the diary! I am 29 years old and live in Essex with my husband and 8 year old step daughter. Today I started the Cambridge Diet for the second time (last time was very sucessful for a month then went on holiday and lost the plot :( )

This time will be different :p I am going to come on here and share my feeling rather than using food as my saviour - for reward, to make me feel better or just cause it's there! I don't think things will be easy but I have support around me (My mum has lost 4 stone this year on Cambridge and is doing really well in maintenance)

The main reasons I want to do this
    1. I am fed up with being fat ruling everything in my life. I don't want to go out, I don't want to have fun, I neglect my friends and if I am honest my family too because I hate the way I look and feel.
    2. I want to be taken seriously at work - again mainly my problem but I feel that I am seem as a "fat slob" and envy my collegues who look smart in the office every day. I am a PA/Office Manager in London but I would like to progress and have confidence in myself to do it!
    3. I don't want to be fat and thirty
    4. I really want a baby but I even put that off because I want people to know I am pregnant and not fat! I suffer from PCOS and I know my weight will hinder my chances so I need to get healthy before I go any further.
    5. I want to be able to look in a mirror and like what I see :eek:
    So thats that I suppose, going to keep coming back and looking at those reasons everytime I feel like caving in.

My start weight is 18 stone 4lbs and I am a size 22/24 (HUGE bottom :rolleyes: ) My target is 11 stone and a size 12/14 - have been this before and as I am 5ft 7 I think it is about right. Don't care how long it takes, just going to get there.

Wish me luck!

I can do it!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kati

kati Gold Member

Cambridge diet
    good luck :) you have such a positive attitude you will do it
  4. i'lldoit

i'lldoit Banned

Hi Yer SPF
    Welcome and your amongst some fantastic people like your self here who know how you feel .
    I have yoyed dieted for 18 years and im only 36 :eek: I did CD last year like you was successful lost nearly 3 stone in 3 months and regained due to moving/work night out .
    So here I am once again.I started LL yesterday Im on my 1st day of SSING so I'll be going through the same as you :) .
    I too suffer from PCOS i tried 8 years for my 1st daughter 18 moths for my 2nd and my 3rd happened after 10 days LOL
    So you can have the family you desire Im proof I never ever thought I'd have children and now Im blessed with 3 beautiful girls :D :D :D
    I wish luck in your journey to your new life Im here if you need a chat like us all the support here is amazing
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.