Loves the Nom Nom!!!
I made this last night and its golicious!!! I work it out to be 20 points for the whole lot so 5 points per serving. It will keep in the fridge for 3 days so plenty of time to eat it if its only for 1!
- Kettle full of water
- 200g Basmati Rice
- 25g dried porcini mushrooms
- 150g fine green beans, trimmed and halved (or just frozen like i did)
- 1 tablespoon Madras curry powder
- 150g low fat natural yoghurt (mine was 200g at 1point per 100g)
- 60g low fat soft cheese with garlic and herbs
- 150g frozen soya beans, defrosted
- 100g roasted red peppers in brine, drained and chopped finely
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Put boiling water in a large lidded pan and bring back to boil. Add rice and mushrooms. Cover and simmer gently for 20mins, stir occasionally with a fork. Then add green beans and simmer for 3 mins or until beans and rice are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a non stick frying pan and add curry powder for about 30secs or until the aroma is released. put in a large bowl (i mean large!!) add the yoghurt and soft cheese. Stir until smooth then add soya beans and peppers. Set aside.
- Drain the rice, mushrooms and beans thoroughly and stir into the yoghurt mixture. Season generously (i didnt) and add the lemon juice. Serve immediately.