spicy stuffed potatoes.

fillymum

synful soul
This is a home grown recipe and I love my potaoes this way. If you are doing a bbq for family or friends they are great for them too.

as many medium sized potatoes as you need, baked and with the flesh scooped out. Use a desert spoon to do this and be careful not to penetrate the skin.

Whilst the potato flesh is still warm mix in finely chopped onion, garam masala and your allowance ( or part of depending on how many spuds you are eating yourself) of low fat cheese spread ( phyly etc. )salt and pepper to taste and pile the flesh back into the potato skins.

Slice a tomato very, very finely and place the tomato slices on top of the potato.

Bake in a hot oven for about 15 mins, but check as you go along so that the tomato does not over cook.

A good sized one of these served with roasted red and green peppers with roasted mushrooms makes a delicious meal.

Sue xx.

lol i made something like this a few wees back told my girls they were twice cooked pot and now she eats the skin as well lol never use to :)

i make something like this but we call it a "liddy" potato in our house :) i read it in a milly molly mandy book when i was really little and for years it was the only way i would eat spuds :p bake your potato, slice the "lid" off the top, scoop out the middle and mash up with butter (or low fat spread ;)) and loads of salt and pepper and then put it back in the potato and put the lid back on xx

Thanks FM sounds really tasty, might have to try that (perhaps with a little chopped chilli too...)

ohhhhhh now these sound yum! Again I make something similar but never added Garam Masala so bet that takes them to a whole new spud level, haha!

Thanks x

mmmmmmmmmm im trying this tommorow before i go to work at 2

Back