Spicy Tomato Soup-Ugh!

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by KateF, 17 September 2006 Social URL.

1. KateF

KateF Silver Member

Just had to share my Spicy Tomato soup experience.

I've liked all the other soups, tolerated the shakes and enjoyed the Tetras- but this was something else...

Isobel had warned me there were mixed opinions on it, so I approached it with wariness.

There, sitting in my bowl was the most foul smelling thing I've ever encountered since Pulmo Bailly cough medicine (eg very, very foul). In it's favour it mixed well, but then I took my first sip. Slightly better than it smells was my first thought- but then I got another whiff of that noxious tomato-in-a-nuclear-landscape smell and felt sick. I stopped breathing through my nose and gulped the rest of the mug quickly. I only left a bit, then washed it down the sink, washed the bowl and blender and necked a pint of water in an attempt to decontaminate me and the kitchen.

On the positive side though, I was determined to finish it because I didn't want to lose vitamins and minerals I should be having. For a long time, in fact most of my life, I wasn't bothered about any vitamins or minerals I might or might not be having, so this seems a good step forward on the CD.

My pledge; never again will Spicy Tomato soup cross my threshold or my lips!
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kati

kati Gold Member

Cambridge diet
    lol well done for finishing it. I quite like that one myself
  4. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    I like spicy tomato although I haven't had it for months. having said that, it IS an acquired taste ... like Marmite, you either love it or hate it! ;)
  5. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

I love the spicy tomato and I like marmite:p
  6. kati

kati Gold Member

Cambridge diet
    yuk I hate marmite, don't know how people can eat it. Thats one thing I wont be fantasizing about eating!
  7. Gill-cdthing

Gill-cdthing Gone, but who cares huh

you did better than me kate i managed only a teeny sip
  8. jazzy

jazzy Regular Member

Hi Kate

I can totally relate to this... I hate all of the soups and couldn't get any of them down so you did well to drink it all. This has now changed though and I love the Oriental Chilli soup and have one a day. The crisps made from this one are fab too.

Jazzy x
  9. Libbie

Libbie Silver Member

Loved tom soup at first then went of it must try it again
    I love marmite to mmmmmmmmmmmmm
  10. Ivy

Ivy Silver Member

I liked the smell and look of the spicy Tomato soup... had a slip, kinda like it

THEN - after about 2 mouthfuls, the real taste hit....urgggggg...

Never again.

11. demon

demon Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Couldn't agree more kate, it's absolutely, truly yuk :( like you I only tried it once and felt I couldn't bear to waste a pack so gulped the lot down.............never again :eek:
  12. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

I read this earlier and instantly had to have one - it was LOVELY!!! :D Adore the oriental chilli, although I tend to make it into patties rather than just having it as soup.

Mind you, even the thought of marmite makes me wanna gag!! :p
  13. Xanth

Xanth Cambridge Diet Counsellor

I love the tomatoe soup - I add loads of black pepper to it.

Unfortunately the smell makes my husband feel sick :confused:
  14. KateF

KateF Silver Member

See- who needs the United Nations- more than anything the diversity of reactions to Spicy Tomato soup proves to me that humans have lots of similarities- but lots of great differences!
  15. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

And there's me ordering twelve cartons of it just for you, KateF !!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!

OK - I'll strike that one off your favs list lol!
  16. *Kitty*

*Kitty* Member

The new chilli soup is yukkie! Can't stand the tomato one either and usually i love all things tomato!
  17. shellyamber

shellyamber Full Member

meal replacement
  18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

Register an account for free to disable ads in threads!
  19. KateF

KateF Silver Member

On the postive side just had a frozen banana tetra...mmmmm..heaven.
  20. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

adore chilli but whoever invented tomato is evil!!!!!

try frozen choc tetra, now that is a taste sensation!!!!
  21. Isis

Isis Ancient Egypt Nut!

Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    LOL guys.....:D I must be on my own with this one as I LURVE the tomato Soup.:p
  22. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Don't diet anymore!

So endeth this thread!!!
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.