Spider Course - Am I Cured???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ivy, 8 October 2006 Social URL.

1. Ivy

Ivy Silver Member

Hi all

Went to London to see if i could get cured...got home and saw a HUGE one on the skirting board... OH GOD!!!! Welcome home me...

Am i cured?

Well my reaction was certainly different, i didnt scream or shout or go mad, BUT i couldnt tackle it either (i broke down in tears, devasted, called the neighbour...).

BUT BUT i am not one to let it get to me, i will dust myself off, like dieting, i WILL be cured, I will try and go again, I get knocked down...i will get up again. i feel like i am on the brink of salvation here...

One more shot next year if they let me go again :) and hopefully they will

I would recommend it!!!

Ivy

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

Ah sorry the course wasn't a roaring success, honey but you did handle it better than you would have done before you went on it!

Rome wasn't built in a day - and spiders are really, really horrid things!!!!!

4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Perhaps you can take Isobel if you decide you are going to try the course again Ivy :D

5. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I think they're horrible too....if I can get away with it I'll get someone else to sort them but usually resort to hoovering them up!!

6. Ivy

Ivy Silver Member

Isobel girl, if you wanna go, i would love the company

Its over for this season and starts again next year...

Its a thing to consider!

Ivy

7. Ivy

Ivy Silver Member

I had a great time though...Around the Zoo, on the tube...made a coupla pals from the course...

Overall it was a gas time.

I will go back and by gum-ball i will be cured!

Ivy

8. Brad0053

Brad0053 Silver Member

Oh oh, I can see I am going to have to make a call to the RSPCS in the morning.

9. Ivy

Ivy Silver Member

They come back out the hoover...ahhhhhh

Ya know if i invented a spider catcher...a bona fida humane one that even the most arachnaphobe could use, i'd be able to buy a small Island somewhere...

Oh baby

Ivy

10. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW

Would ye do that for me hun??? Maybe then they'll be under some sort of a protection order and wont be able to enter my house!!

11. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Yeah, I didnt mention how often I have to change my hoover bags though did i?! :)

12. Ivy

Ivy Silver Member

hahahahahahaha

Ivy

13. Ivy

Ivy Silver Member

I DID however hold a trauntuala!!!! cant spell the word but i HELD it! petted it etc etc

Lovely, very very soft indeed

My problems are with the household ones...

Ivy

14. Gill-cdthing

Gill-cdthing Gone, but who cares huh

i must do that course they terrify me, i used to have a phobia about dentist for over 20yrs, went to see a local hypnotist who charged me £20 and hey presto cured, so i might see him about the spiders,

15. Ivy

Ivy Silver Member

this is my 3rd attempt at professional help

i wont give up, but the fear is ingrained in my mind

Ivy

16. Keeliewheeliebin

Keeliewheeliebin biker babe!

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(37.83%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet Step 3 (1000)
    eeek! spiders terrify me! i get all shakey and panicky when i see one. If its in the same room as me i have to keep my eyes on it incase it moves! as long as i can see it, i know that its no where near me! if it moves while im not looking and i cant see it, all hell breaks loose!
    I cant sleep if there's one in the bedroom....the hoover is my best friend....i can keep the spider at arms length AND get rid of it up the hoover nozzle!!
    Last night i got up off the sofa and saw a black mark on the seat....on closer investigation i realised i had sat on, and squashed a spider! i had to pull my trousers off pronto so that i could get all traces of the spider as far away as possible!!!!

Oh dear. do i sound a bit phsyco? (sp?)

Last edited: 9 October 2006
  17. Gill-cdthing

Gill-cdthing Gone, but who cares huh

no your not lol, i was sitting on my sofa one day and as i leant forward, my sons eyes widened and i said whats wrong, ` you have a massive spider on your back mum` well in one second flat i ripped the t shirt off down the front cos i knew if i took it off over my head the spider would run in my hair, my son was amazed :D

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

Register an account for free to disable ads in threads!
  19. Keeliewheeliebin

Keeliewheeliebin biker babe!

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(37.83%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet Step 3 (1000)
    :D PMSL!!!!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.