splash of milk in coffee...

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Sez, 5 April 2007 Social URL.

1. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    I am so very desparate to have just a little splash of milk in my coffee, just one cup, and it would be semi.

Wold that knock me out of ketosis? I just need it. Its the thing I miss more than anything, and I think it would keep me going...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Happe

Happe escaping the fat

Start Weight:
    23st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10.5lb(16.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Officially its no you cant but ive had semiskimmed milk in a couple of cups of tea everyday since the beginning. Now maybe i could possibly lost a little faster had i not but over 4 stone in 3 months is quick enough for me.

4. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    Thanks Happe. I am going for it. Decision made.

5. Carokokos

Carokokos Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hi there. Believe it or not, if you want to preserve ketosis, it would be better to have a teaspoonful or two of double cream in your coffee rather than semi-skimmed milk.

There are far fewer calories from carbs in cream than semi skimmed milk (and more from fat) and you can have a little bit of cream in the induction phase of Atkins which is aimed at getting and keeping you in ketosis.

6. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    Thanks for that! I did have a splash of semi in my coffe last night. Its really sad, but I was so excited about my coffee!! What a let down it was! :( I must be getting more used to no milk, than I had realised. I tasted ok, but not as great as my memory had said. Also, I felt a bit queasy afterwards; and more than a little guilty!

Back to black from today, and have already checked the ketones are ok!!

Thanks for all your advice!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.