splash of milk in coffee...

Sez

has started again!!
I am so very desparate to have just a little splash of milk in my coffee, just one cup, and it would be semi.

Wold that knock me out of ketosis? I just need it. Its the thing I miss more than anything, and I think it would keep me going...

Officially its no you cant but ive had semiskimmed milk in a couple of cups of tea everyday since the beginning. Now maybe i could possibly lost a little faster had i not but over 4 stone in 3 months is quick enough for me.

Hi there. Believe it or not, if you want to preserve ketosis, it would be better to have a teaspoonful or two of double cream in your coffee rather than semi-skimmed milk.

There are far fewer calories from carbs in cream than semi skimmed milk (and more from fat) and you can have a little bit of cream in the induction phase of Atkins which is aimed at getting and keeping you in ketosis.

Hi there. Believe it or not, if you want to preserve ketosis, it would be better to have a teaspoonful or two of double cream in your coffee rather than semi-skimmed milk.

There are far fewer calories from carbs in cream than semi skimmed milk (and more from fat) and you can have a little bit of cream in the induction phase of Atkins which is aimed at getting and keeping you in ketosis.

Thanks for that! I did have a splash of semi in my coffe last night. Its really sad, but I was so excited about my coffee!! What a let down it was! :( I must be getting more used to no milk, than I had realised. I tasted ok, but not as great as my memory had said. Also, I felt a bit queasy afterwards; and more than a little guilty!

Back to black from today, and have already checked the ketones are ok!!

Thanks for all your advice!

Back