Splenda Brown Sugar Blend?

well could not find this in morrisons or sainsburys and even looked in home bargins its really annoying that there is stuff we can have but we cant find it or its been discontinued

so what could we use ov that christmas biscuit recipe BROWN sugar sweetner i spose just normal sweetner just wont taste the same

It is there to add sweetness so in the same way that any sugar will do the job in a non-SW recipe any sweetener will also work in this one

what about the low fat baking marg what can we use? i looked at some recipes on here and they call for flora light? but i looked at the tub yesterday while shopping at it is not suitable for baking

Yes I have spotted that as well

Either swap it with one that says it is suitable for baking - but this will be higher in syns than the flora light

Or try the flora light as see how it works - if they suggest it in the mag then I assume they must have tried it with that and it was okay

I think the Splenda brown sugar is basically half brown sugar/half Splenda by volume not weight. So you could just buy them separately and make up your own blend.
If recipe says 1 cup (250ml) then use 125ml of brown sugar and 125ml of Regular splenda.
Just an idea.

Back