• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Splenda. Can we?

fiojam

Focused & goin for goal!

fiojam

Focused & goin for goal!
I think the basic rule is that you cannot have "spoonable" sweeteners ..... but I may be remembering wrong. It never applied to me as I have never had sweeteners of any kind in anything, so I didn't really take proper note :(

Steve

fiojam

Focused & goin for goal!
I think the basic rule is that you cannot have "spoonable" sweeteners ..... but I may be remembering wrong. It never applied to me as I have never had sweeteners of any kind in anything, so I didn't really take proper note :(

Steve
Yeah, I don't really get that. Why not 'spoonable'? What's the dif? :confused:

No idea. Maybe because you can have a "heaped" spoon, but not a "heaped" Sweetex .... :)

Probably something to do with exact measures as well as what is in the bullets as opposed to sugar.

S

Not 100% sure, but I think it's something to do with the amount of carbs?

Stick to the rule that you can have the tablets but not spoonable ones and you won't go wrong! ;)

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
spoonable powders, contain sugar in them in some form or other in order to make them spoonable.

Love Mini xxx

The spoonable Splenda is designed for use in baking, it has 1/10th the calories of sugar so is not calorie free like tablet sweeteners. This might be so it can still work like real sugar, it makes meringue and suchlike which a tablet or liquid sweetener wouldn't do properly.