Splenda. Can we?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by fiojam, 20 November 2006 Social URL.

1. fiojam

fiojam Focused & goin for goal!

Diet:
    Cambridge
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Redpam

Redpam Living the Life

Start Weight:
    0st0lb
    Current Weight:
    0st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(NAN%)
    Yes you can have Splenda tablets but not the Splenda powder

Pam

4. fiojam

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Great!! Gonna have a coffee :)
    Thanks!

5. SteveM

SteveM Silver Member

I think the basic rule is that you cannot have "spoonable" sweeteners ..... but I may be remembering wrong. It never applied to me as I have never had sweeteners of any kind in anything, so I didn't really take proper note :(

Steve

6. fiojam

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Yeah, I don't really get that. Why not 'spoonable'? What's the dif? :confused:

7. SteveM

SteveM Silver Member

No idea. Maybe because you can have a "heaped" spoon, but not a "heaped" Sweetex .... :)

Probably something to do with exact measures as well as what is in the bullets as opposed to sugar.

S

8. Geri

Geri Gold Member

Not 100% sure, but I think it's something to do with the amount of carbs?

Stick to the rule that you can have the tablets but not spoonable ones and you won't go wrong! ;)

9. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(9.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    spoonable powders, contain sugar in them in some form or other in order to make them spoonable.

Love Mini xxx

10. clairejen

clairejen Lurker

Diet:
    JUDDDish
    The spoonable Splenda is designed for use in baking, it has 1/10th the calories of sugar so is not calorie free like tablet sweeteners. This might be so it can still work like real sugar, it makes meringue and suchlike which a tablet or liquid sweetener wouldn't do properly.

11. Coley

Coley Re-starter

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(16.75%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    yeah....for some reason I thought it must be to do with the extra stuff they put in to make it all fluffy?? don't like extra fluff me!!! :eek::rolleyes:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.