Splenda?

Dia Dhuit Puisín

is back on the wagon!
Talking about sweetners at the meeting today. Leader says that Splenda has to be counted as half the amount of points as sugar.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Last edited:
I always assumed they were free and my eating out guide says so as well :S

Yeah. My leader is convinced though and, God forbid, anyone prove her wrong.

According to her I shouldn't rely on the book so much as "there are loads of foods that aren't in the book." :rolleyes:

I'm sticking with it being 0 points for a few different reasons.

it has 2 cals in it per tsp so if that counts as 1/2 a point i dread to think how many i've eaten of similar stuff :giggle:

She's convinced that Splenda has half the calories of sugar. I'd love to meet the mathematician who can prove to me that 2 is half of 16.

LMAO! you should take a jar in with you ;) ask her to explain hehe! :D

No Way! She's scary! :fear:

LMAO hehehe erm leave a note for her? don't sign it and put it at the front of class before she comes in with a jar instead teehee ;) :p

yeah they should be, probably got mixed up with something else sugar like lol

I think she mixed it up with Splenda Brown Sugar Blend which isn't available in Ireland anymore. That is half the calories of sugar. I used to love it, I'm planning on picking some up when I go up North.

I don't like the sound of your leader very much!! Almost as bad as my friends leader who said to her after a small gain (after 8 weeks of great losses) "who's been force feeding you then?!" x

Back