Splenda's Diary

My plan for today:

b- granola with soya milk and blueberries, coffee
sn- trail mix bar
l- 2 slices burgen bread with 2 boiled eggs, bit of salad cream, orange
sn- sm pot hummous, carrots, small banana (having late tea, need to keep myself going ;))
d- chicken shish kebab (minus the pitta bread), salad

Your food every day is just lovely. You will soon be down a dress size!!!!

Aww thanks!! I hope so, just want to be comfy in my clothes again!

I'm away for a wedding just now and I've made really good food choices so far, really pleased with myself and not even been tempted by anything. I've been able to get to M&S and Boots and stuff so can choose my own food and I've got fruit and trail mix bars in my hotel room so that's really helped. I had that for brekkie this am after my run.

I just had a delish tuna with 3 bean salad with potatoes and red pepper from Markies so that should keep me going for a while. I was also able to pick my meal ahead if time and when I chose it, I must have had my healthy head on as chose the better options :) Now, just need to watch my drink later...hmmmm!!! ;)

Enjoy yourself! Sounds like you are making great choices - well done you!!!!

Hi there :)

Still doing not bad - have family staying with me for a week now so really trying hard to make good choices. Not been as angelic as a few days ago due to traveling and choices I had no control over but I must say I am making better choices than I ever have before and having smaller portion sizes so still looking to stay the same - I've not weighed myself yet but my clothes still feel ok so I'm happy with that! ;)

Well done you. You are coping very well with lots of occasions where it is so easy to go way overboard. GL is very adaptable and it is possible to make good choices when we have to. Even if we do go wild we can pull back over the following days/ weeks.
Keep it up.

Thanks IM :)

Well my guests left this morning and after a week and a half of eating out, drinking and snacking my body doesn't want anymore of it. Continued to make the best choices where I could though. I have a quiet week ahead and am looking forward to some nice homemade food and getting back into some sort of routine again.

I'm cooking up some meals for the week just now and getting myself sorted! I've not weighed either again as clothes still fitting ok so will have a weigh in next Saturday. Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday x

Last edited:
Back on the right track today:

b- 1 poached egg, mushrooms, sm skinny latte
sn- coffee, nakd bar
lu- sweet potato, chickpea & spinach curry, 2 tbsp basmati rice, shape zero yogurt, strawberries
late afternoon- 2 babybel & 2 oatcakes, small banana (in preparation for exercise class)
d- 2 veggie burgers, salad, bit of light salad cream, fibre plus bar

Last edited:
I had to come back and say today I have had no cravings at all for any junk food or anything sweet :D (and trust me there has been a lot of junk food, cakes and sweets around to tempt me today ;))

I've also decided I want to get back down to my original goal weight so I have 12lbs to lose to get there, rather than half a stone as I first wanted to lose. It's time to get back to where I was!

Last edited:
Thanks shakenomore!!

Food for today is:

b- 2 ryvita with soft cheese, sliced gherkin and 2 v lean sausages (I know, sounds wierd but it's tasty ;))
half elevenses- trail mix bar, coffee
lu- mug of homemade ham, red lentil & veg soup, shape zero yogurt, strawberries
d- mince and green lentils, 2 tbsp basmati, steamed broccoli & cauliflower
sn- apple

The mince and green lentils dish - can't mind the full name just now - it is from AWT's Low GI Cookbook and really tasty.

Just realised I have lentils for two meals - should I be limiting this to one serving a day? They aren't large servings, just wondering though as getting to grips with it all still!

Last edited:
Great to hear that you don't have any cravings. Once we stick with the right foods we won't feel hungry.
Don't worry about the lentils. I'm sure once every meal is balanced you are fine.

The only things that need limiting in the day are the high GL foods. In particular, the starchy ones. On a day you want bread don't have more than one or two slices for the whole day.
Good luck for tomorrow.

Thanks IM, your advice is very helpful :)

My body is very happy with what I have been eating - especially the past few days. I'm a firm believer in you are what you eat.

Today:

b- 4 oatcakes, soft cheese triangle, apple, coffee
sn- nakd bar
lu- 3 slices ham, carrot & cucumber sticks, reduced fat hummous, shape zero yogurt
sn- sm handful pistachios, strawberries (they are so nice just now)
d- mushroom omelette, 1 v lean sausage, petit pois

Also had a Kelloggs Fibre Plus bar before exercise class as forgot banana.

Last edited:
Food looking great today. You have great variety in it. For dinner, I think you could add a small portion of green veg. Or maybe your omelette is big enough for you. I find some frozen mixed veg in the freezer is a great standby for bulking up some meals.
Enjoy your day.

As I posted in the Useful GI/GL Recipe thread, I made the oat scones last night. I had two for breakfast at about 7.30am and my stomach started growling around 11.30am, well impressed with that as I was starving this morning due to a hard exercise session last night.

b- 2 oat scones, tsp peanut butter, half tsp jam, coffee
l- mince & green lentils with 2 tbsp basmati rice, carrot sticks
d- haddock fillet, steamed baby sweetcorn, tenderstem broccoli, green beans, flora light, shape zero yogurt, apple

snacks: strawberries, graze natural vanilla seeds (will see if the sweetness of them starts any cravings), nakd bar or trail mix bar

Hope everyone is having a good day! x

p.s. didn't eat the yogurt or apple as was too full from dinner.

Last edited:
Food looks great! How do you do your mince and lentils? Glad you enjoyed the scones, will share any more "oat" recipes I get.

Thanks shakenomore!

The recipe is Savoury Mince with Lentils (I keep forgetting the name of it...oops!), I'll post the recipe in the recipe thread :)
x

Last edited:
Back