Sports Bra help!

kimmeh

So I am a 40JJ (may change today if I get remeasured but doubt it).

I start University next week and will be joining a sports team to get fit and to meet new friends. I currently weigh 18 and a half stone.

I was thinking of joining womens ruby, which is going to involve a lot of running about. I am very self concious about my breasts and do not want them bouncing about like crazy.

Does anybody have any sports bra recommendations for my size that will maintain and support them during a sports activity like this?

I've heard people have worn 2 sports bra for extra support or a normal bra on top.

I'm really scared about the whole situation and if I can't find anything then I won't have the confidence to join up.

I had a quiet jog over 6 months ago in a derelict field and even then I was self conscious. However, I was only wearing a normal bra. I haven't jogged since and I'm very unfit too. I know the Uni Sports team cater to all people of any size and skill ability but I don't want to feel so uncomfortable running on the pitch if they are just wobbling about.

Also worried I wont get into the uniform, I know they provide large but if I'd feel red faced if I can't get into it!

Feeling really anxious but eager to join something new, meet new friends, feel part of a team and lose weight!

Hi
I have the same problem and found the best way to get support without having the one boob effect, is to wear an underwired bra under your sports bra. Also you can get sports tops with secret support if 2 bras is not enough :)

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sorry also should have said I would recommend bravissimo to buy from and the shock absorber bra.

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I found it a real PITA trying to find a sports bra and it took me a while to find one that fitted me properly and gave me the support I needed (imagine lots of running on the spot in changing rooms!)... I finally found one in M&S however I did buy a 38F and I just checked and they don't go past cup size G.

Have you got a Bravissimo near you? They have two styles that go up to a cup size K

not sure if this is too late for you but please do not be put off joining because of your size! I used to wear 2 ASDA sports bras at a time to literally flatten my boobs to me whilst playing! find something that works and then go for it! I would highly reccomend the shock absorber bras however only when i lost a bit and was down to a 38FF. Hope you managed to join up and are enjoying it
x

Back