Sports bra

Mizkirsty

Gold Member
Hi ladies!

Just a quick question I'm a 34g bra size and am looking for a cheap but well supportive bra!

Anyone know of any great places (many of them are too small!) xx

Try out Bravissimo in store or online. They do real sizes and it's worth going in to get fitted. I think they have a sale on at the moment. I've been going there for years. I live in Singapore and still shop there when I come back and online!

Hi, I am the same size as you. They are not particularly cheap but i love Panache sports bras - £35. If you keep an eye out on voucher websites, there are often vouchers for places like figleaves.com and debenhams, which sell that bra, so you could get it cheaper. I like it because you can adjust it to be racer back or just normal bra straps and it is very supportive.

I got a maximum support shock absorber, JJB had £5 off them at the time. I have a big cup size, and it is the most comfortable that I've ever had. It holds everything well, so that I don't notice I'm wearing it. I've tested it at step aerobics etc. I use it as a top on it's own too. It has teo fastenings at the back, so is easier to get into than some others I have tried in the past. You could go to a soports shop and try some different brands on. You will have to jump around the changing room. I did, and some of the bras I thought looked good did not hold things terribly well! I did a little research at the time, and there were some shock absorbers that were better than others. If you want, I can check the lbel on the one I have. Pricewise, It was about £26 with the discount. I thought it was expensive, but it is much better than ones I have had around the £15 mark. Also, it looks well enough on its own, so it sort of doubles as a top.

I have a shock absorber in the wrong size now anyway!!

I've been measured and ordered another but would be good to know which you've found.

I find the ones in the sport shops are more toppy so to be worn over a bra already almost! Too much bouncing! ;) lol xx

The shock absorber RUN Bra or the panache ultimate sports bra are the best. You'd be better going to bravissimo or a running shop (sweatshop or similar) to try on a couple rather than the high street sports shops. Failing that you could always order a load from fig leaves and try them on in the comfort of your own home? Once you know which is the best for you keep an eye in eBay etc for good deals. Hope this helps

Actually thinking about what Partygirl just mentioned...

I went to Bravissimo and got measured up then bought brand new bras off eBay. They were all sealed and tagged from the manufacturer. There is also a shop called brastop online and in store they are a bit cheaper too.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

MizKirsty- I brought my Panache bra from Bravissimo in your size, it was about £35, nice lilac & grey colour, it gives lots of support and comfortable. I also find Debenhams with lots of choice with shockabsorber range. Go when there is a bluecross sale on.

I have shock absorber RUNBra and find it really supportive when doing zumba and jogging. Cost me £36 which wasn't cheap but I'd rather pay slightly extra and not have saggy boobs! :)

I sold two 34G sports bras (one Shockabsorber and one Freya) on ebay not so long ago. I had bought them from Bravissimo six months earlier and gone down to a 32F from all the exercise I was doing. I recommend you have them properly measured/fitted as I bought a different style Shockabsorber from ebay in a 32F and I don't like it. The bras cost me about £30 each new and I sold the two of them for £17.50 after 6 months which helped fund my new ones. If you buy quality and look after them then they will last you a long time or hold their value if you want to sell them on.

Ah I've been measured so I know I'm getting the correct size but like you guys as I'm hopefully shrinking I don't wanna spend big bucks on new bras I have ordered a sa for £28 with 20% off so got a bargain and am watching a few on eBay!

Thanks for the tips guys :) xx

hope it does what you need it to do! :)

Back