Sports Personality of the Year

westiegirl

Gold Member
Anyone watching? And if so who do you want/think will win?

Personally I would like to see an Olympian win like Rebecca Cooke (I remember seeing her bring home our first gold on a Sunday morning back in the summer - oh and she's Welsh ;)) or Becky Adlington or the fantastically successful cyclists.

I think Lewis Hamilton might take it though.

Even though I love my footie, I'm pleased to see there isn't any this year and the nominees have been diversified :)

Just watching it now. I want Lewis to win. He should have won the Championship last year, but for technical problems with his car in the last race he'd have been champion.....for a rookie, he had an amazing start to his career and to take it this year was FAB. TBH I don't like the Olympics.....so its Lewis all the way for me.

Hurrah, it isn't just me who's watching :D

I wouldn't object to Lewis winning - I think he's done fantastically but I just think as the Olympics only comes around every 4 years that's why one of them should win.

I have absolutely no doubt that Lewis will be winning for years to come :D

I think you are right that Lewis will be winning for years to come. I just think that because he is so new to the sport that makes his achievement even more remarkable. I suppose the longer he's been racing competatively the more we will expect him to win.

I have to agree....I really wanted Lewis to win, but when you hear a guy talk about 12yrs of hard work to get to that point.....he totally deserved to win.

I missed it. Does anyone now if it will be repeated??

I looked up who won on the internet and i was happy that Chris Hoy won, although i wanted Rebecca Adlington to win.

Shes amazing and she did so well in the Olympics as well as in the world short course swimming championships earlier in April this year. Swimming is the only sport i enjoy watching.

But well done to Chris Hoy!

Bring on the 2012 Olympics! Woo! (sorry for the overenthusiasm)

xx

Back