Sportswear - where do you get yours?

Caz

Repeat Offender
I start my teacher training on Monday and as a part of that I'll have to do PE, good god I'm not looking forward to it! Brings back bad memories of school but that's a whole other story. Anyway, my gym stuff is looking a little worse for wear these days and mostly too big so I need some new stuff but don't really know where to go to decent stuff that's nice and in my size. On top I'm an 18, on bottom it varies hugely between 18 and 22 depending on the material, size, cut etc. Any ideas of where to go? I'm a bit poor until monday when my student loan comes in and have my first PE session on Thursday so there's not really time to order online. Also I want to try stuff on because my sizes vary so much. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Have you checked out ebay yet? I just ordered some thick leggings and long t-shirts for under a tenner. :)

Have you got a sports direct near you...they are really cheap. They also have a website xx

Peacocks do some nice stuff..

I shall take a look at peacocks and sports direct on Monday. I do have both near me, wasn't sure if Sports Direct would do my size though. I saw stuff in matalan and it just seemed really shapeless and unflattering! If all else fails, I'll have to try ebay or online and get next day delivery I guess.

with my current size, i usually get mine from e-bay. there are billabong and rxy stuff sometimes which i force to fit in. :D

I got some fairly cheap and quite flattering sports trousers at marks and spencers. If I remember right they were about a tenner.

Good luck with teacher training.

MandMDirect is a cheap online site for sports wear and casual clothes too, you can get bargains but it can be a bit hit and miss with sizes in stock

I got some really nice, comfy and flattering 3/4 length black joggers (size 16) from Matalan and I'm happy with them. I went back a couple of months later to get some more and made the bad error of not trying the trousers I'd picked up on. I got to the gym and found they were skin tight leggings! I had to really wince them on :eek:

eBay is the best place for bargains but if there's no time I would go to sports direct. TK Maxx is ok but not too good for larger sizes, I remember struggling after having each of the boys to find anything to fit me at size 16-18.

Back