Total Solution Spotty's Exante Diary

Yay in the 12's :) :) what's your goal weight then? Glad your doing so well x

Ummm... well, when I finished LL I was 11st 6lbs which LITERALLY was the highest weight I could be and still have a "normal" BMI. This time around I would like to get a bit below that... maybe 10.5 or 11st, just so I have a bit of a safety net. I dunno. We go on holiday on 9th March and I want to be back on food a good couple of weeks before that so I don't feel sick and horrid when we are away (probs won't, but I worry about that kind of thing).

I don't think I'll get much below my current weight until the New Year because I have a few scheduled 'food days'. But will do my best :)

SD xx

Well I am on my 6th day today of total food replacement... I'm having a bit of a wobble - my tummy is churning loads and I feel really icky. I remember from previous stints that I get an upset tummy around this point, I tell myself it's because it's my body doing the switch over from 'food energy' to 'fat energy', but I dunno.

This morning I was 12st 13lb exactly, so was happy with that. That means I am 8.25lbs down so far, and I won't "officially" weigh in until Saturday morning. If I can make it to 9lbs off, I will be a very happy lady!

Just want my tummy to hurry up and do what it's gotta do so I can get my head down and carry on. It can't go on for long cos I don't have any more food in me to get upset!! Sorry if TMI!! Well, until Saturday night I guess :( Eek.

SO happy to chose to do this and not wait to the New Year. Hopefully I will be where I want to be sooner than I thought and able to start managing my weight with a lowish carb diet.

The results are amazing so far, when I was a lot bigger my first week losses were less (weirdly), but then they stayed consistently good, so maybe I should just accept I am going to really slow down after this week. I dunno. Hope not!

SD xx

spottydoris said:
Well I am on my 6th day today of total food replacement... I'm having a bit of a wobble - my tummy is churning loads and I feel really icky. I remember from previous stints that I get an upset tummy around this point, I tell myself it's because it's my body doing the switch over from 'food energy' to 'fat energy', but I dunno.

This morning I was 12st 13lb exactly, so was happy with that. That means I am 8.25lbs down so far, and I won't "officially" weigh in until Saturday morning. If I can make it to 9lbs off, I will be a very happy lady!

Just want my tummy to hurry up and do what it's gotta do so I can get my head down and carry on. It can't go on for long cos I don't have any more food in me to get upset!! Sorry if TMI!! Well, until Saturday night I guess :( Eek.

SO happy to chose to do this and not wait to the New Year. Hopefully I will be where I want to be sooner than I thought and able to start managing my weight with a lowish carb diet.

The results are amazing so far, when I was a lot bigger my first week losses were less (weirdly), but then they stayed consistently good, so maybe I should just accept I am going to really slow down after this week. I dunno. Hope not!

SD xx

Hope your belly feels better soon x glad the losses are going well :)

Hey Spotty hope you're feeling better. I have the same problem a week in. Not complaining though, more pound loss! Hugs x

Hehe, yes, that's one way to look at it I guess!

Today is the last day of my first week and I am looking forward to weighing in tomorrow morning.

This morning I was 12st 12lbs, which means as of today I am down 9.25lbs! Just INCREDIBLE! I have no idea why the losses are so good this time around, and I am extremely nervous about eating tomorrow on my treat day. Going to really try and reign it in I think, as much as I can.

I am going to drink lots of water this afternoon and see if I can pee my way to a 10lb first week loss! ;) Not likely, but worth a bash.

Not had a pack yet today, so going to go and sort out a choccie shake now for lunch... might pop to Tesco and grab some raspberry Ultraslim bars. I got the chocolate ones but quite fancy something fruity.

Hope everyone else is getting on ok.

Spotty xx

Last edited:
Well done Spotty! My partner claims he is being supportive but I think he is a secret 'feeder' as he has also decided to eat the most calorie laden things in front of me daily since I started over 2 weeks ago. Pizza, chips, cheese, curry, toasties, chocolates, crisps - you name it he has scoffed it. And last night he walked through the front door with fish and chips and asked me to bring him the ketchup, bread and vinegar to go with it and asked me to sit with him whilst he ate it. He claims he misses us sitting down to dinner together, which admittedly I do too but there was not a hope in hell of me sitting opposite him whilst he troughed that lot lol! We did make time for a nice chat afterwards though. I think I just have to accept that I'm not eating at the moment but everyone else around me is, and to become more comfortable about that because I'm ultimately making a positive step towards my future happiness.

Sorry for disappearing. Having a really tough day and need to spill a bit.

Yesterday was the treat day I had planned since day one. It was nice and tasty but made me feel quite queasy.

I woke up this morning at 9am and managed to abstain from the cooked brekkie my OH and sister had... just had a black coffee instead.

I had every intention of having a shake but just couldn't bring myself to do it. Consequently I didn't eat or drink a thing until just now, I went into the kitchen to make a choc shake but in a fit of rebellion I grabbed a bag of hula hoops and went back to the sofa. I then thought *bleep* it, I'm going to have a pizza and start tomorrow when I can have a proper routine and do it properly.

I went back to the kitchen and put the oven on then headed to the garage to get a pizza from the freezer. The door to the garage is really stiff so I gave it a customary tug and yelped as I caught my little finger between the door and some arcatrave (sp).

I immediately burst into tears, felt like the biggest fatty alive, turned off the oven and retreated upstairs with my bruised and grazed finger.

I just feel like the biggest let down. I did so well in my first week (forgot to post yesterday but week one was 10.5lb loss), and now I am so scared that I've messed up and lost my zone.

I am now in bed, still starving, not knowing what to do. Just crying out of self anger and disappointment at my inability to follow through on a plan.

I need some motivation and some advice please.

Sorry for sobbing to you all.

Spotty xxx

Last edited:
Aw hun, firstly belated happy birthday :)
I'm usually crap at giving advice but I've been where you are so many times do just wanted to say this is the crucial point now, not the losing 10lbs even though that's amazing, but how you deal with a minor blip. If you eat you will have that guilt of putting on more than probably one lb you've put on, that guilt can let you get so far out of the zone that you will end up in a cycle of restarts, like I did.
That zone is precious! You can still be in it, get a shake, have a cuppa if you're hungry later, what happened never happened, you're second week starts tomorrow. END OF.

Hey all!

Well, I am back. Wasn't the painless experience I was hoping for but I got there eventually.

Didn't get back on it yesterday, despite your good advice Pingu, I felt so rough from Sat night that I ended up eating pizza and getting an early night.

Back on it today in a much clearer frame of mind... lucky I know, can't risk that too much.

I've got my next meal "off" next Saturday but I should be able to keep that low Carb as we are going to Prezzo and they do nice salads I think.

Anyway, then it's Christmas... so I don't think I'll be able to fully get in the zone until at least Boxing Day, but if I can get to 12st 7lbs by New Year I should be home dry. This morning I was 12st 11.75lbs (1.25lbs up on Sat weigh in) so not totally unachievable I hope.

Xx

Struggling!

Not going to eat but I've got a real food head on me. I'm lying in the bath with a shake, only my second pack of the day... dunno how I'm going to get another down me by bed time. My routine has gone to pot. Going to try something different tomorrow I think... Maybe have breakfast rather than hang on til lunchtime. We'll see.

Anyway... I'm trying to get back to my lowest point pre birthday weekend still... was 12st 10.5lbs... currently a pound heavier and it's nighttime so hoping for something close to that in the morning. I'd like to get somewhere nearer 12'7st by Saturday night (next treat) but need to get in the zone first... these week by week sporadic stop starts make it tres dificil! Just got Sat night then Christmas to get through before I can concentrate properly for a month or two.

Anyways... seems increasingly quiet over here, but hopefully there are still a few of us battling on.

Be strong xx

spottydoris said:
Struggling!

Not going to eat but I've got a real food head on me. I'm lying in the bath with a shake, only my second pack of the day... dunno how I'm going to get another down me by bed time. My routine has gone to pot. Going to try something different tomorrow I think... Maybe have breakfast rather than hang on til lunchtime. We'll see.

Anyway... I'm trying to get back to my lowest point pre birthday weekend still... was 12st 10.5lbs... currently a pound heavier and it's nighttime so hoping for something close to that in the morning. I'd like to get somewhere nearer 12'7st by Saturday night (next treat) but need to get in the zone first... these week by week sporadic stop starts make it tres dificil! Just got Sat night then Christmas to get through before I can concentrate properly for a month or two.

Anyways... seems increasingly quiet over here, but hopefully there are still a few of us battling on.

Be strong xx

Yep there are people dropping like flies each day lol not that I can talk I'm completely off plan lol but keeping up with you guys who are doing so much better :)
You are doing so well, well done on recovering from the slight tumble off the wagon :) getting back on it is the hardest bit :)

Thank you Dusty... was a bit tricky getting back on the wagon, but I made it. Got to do it all again on Sunday - then AGAIN after Christmas, but hey ho. Lol. Bring on the New Year when life stops for a bit.

I have decided that this Friday is also going to be a bit of a naughty one... my OH and I have planned a last minute trip down to London to do the Christmassy thing and hit Hamleys, go ice skating, gaze at the pretty lights and maybe do a show - and I want to experience it all fully... including hot chestnuts from one of the little stands! I am having a meal out on Saturday anyway, so figure I might as well just come off for a day or two and then get back on the wagon on Sunday until Christmas - then properly afterwards.

Really hope this planning works out for me, and my self sabotaging rubbishness doesn't trip me up!

Spotty xx

I'm having a bit of a naughty day - lot of chocs flying around the office and I haven't been able to say no - my shaker has broken so my shakes are all lumpy... I'm feeling a bit sick and hungry.

Thinking it's going to be Sunday now before I can get back in the zone... just going to be sure to go as carefully as possible. Knowing we are having a treat day in London tomorrow (will try and be good, but don't want to take shakes with me - it's the first time I've been down in years and I want to do everything to the full including getting Christmassy hot nuts from the man by the ice rink etc), and then knowing I've got a meal out on Saturday night is stopping me really getting my head into it. I tried - and managed until today (aside from an advent calendar chocolate) - but I don't want to keep yo-yoing, so I officially am bailing now until Sunday - at which point I will probably look to do TS until Christmas Day. Going to have a low carb dinner tonight and try and stick to low carb while I am off plan (excluding the aforementioned hot nuts!)... this morning I was at 12st 9.75lbs... which is almost a stone from where I was a week and a half ago... so I am already well ahead of where I thought I would be. That will probably be over 12st 10lbs by Sunday... but if I can stick around this point I should be ok. That means I've only got 2 stone to go (minimum) by my holiday in March - so I should be absolutely hunky dory.

Will be continuing to post on here though - so this isn't goodbye, it's just ciao for now, and see you back here properly in a couple of days.

Spots xx

Back on it tomorrow....looking forward to kicking a couple of pounds off by Xmas (the couple I've put on since my birthday that is... TMI = Too. Much. Indulgence. xx

Thank you! I'm here, trying so hard not to dive into an enticing bag of Cadbury's Snowbites... aiming for lots of honks this week to get me back to 12st 10ish by Christmas. Xx

4... got to 12st 10.5 on 10th Dec, then after my birthday weekend and day in London on Friday I was 12st 11.75 (Sat morning WI)... had a particularly bad weekend this weekend (meals out, fast food and takeaway)... this morning was 13st. Eek. Want to get Xmas out of the way so life can return to less foody ways!!!

Back