Spotty's Road to Slimdom

Just try and keep to minimal carbs on your birthday and dry whites or clear mixers, you should then technically stay in the big K :0)

J x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

And well done on the 6lb loss!!! I did Exante again the other week for 5 days, as all I could face....lost half a measly pound lol!

Then had huge cravings and ate for Britain all weekend thanks to Exante!

Back on Atkins this week and down 4lb already on day 3 :0) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning Anna, great news on the loss. Well done:D

Morning Anna, I didn't know you were into Rugby, and well done on the great loss. :)

Thanks everyone! And thanks J in particular for the heads up about the best booze ;)

Today is day five... feeling good now, dreading the fact I'll be back to scratch on Sunday - but nevermind, I'm only 30 once, and I have faith in myself that I am strong enough to get back on the horse afterwards.

Weighed myself this morning and was over the moon to see a twelve at the beginning of my weight. 12st 13.75lbs, but still NOT 13 stone something anymore :) Long may that last!

My original plan was to still be under 13 stone by the New Year, taking into account my various 'off days' coming up. There will probably be a bit of upping and downing over the next two weeks, but will do my best.

At this rate, I am hoping to get a bit nearer 12st 7lbs, but not sure how achievable this will be. At the moment the weight is practically dropping off - but I know that can't last.

My OH is being lovely. I think the change in me is helping (both squidge-wise and confidence wise), but I also think he is quietly proud of my dedication. Strength of mind is pretty sexy.

Hope everyone else is having a good day. Official weigh in on Saturday/birthday morning - but at 7.5lbs down so far, it's looking like its' going to be shape up to be a great first week :)

Oh, and P.S. Jim, my OH was captain of our town's 1st team and a very good player before he had to retire due to injury. We are still involved in the club and I'm making the effort to get to know the other wives and girlfriends... prefer it to football, but still not a big fan... I always worry that they are going to get hurt! Such a girl!

Spotty xx

Sorry to marginally hijack this thread. I've been reading on the exante website that on their working solutions you have 3 meal replacements and then a 400cal meal. Does that mean you can get your 400cal from absolutely anything? Like crisps or chocolate?! lol!

No sorry Claire - protein, veg, maybe a bit of fruit/yog - stuff like that lol

Glad to hear the Exante is working well Anna xx

No sorry Claire - protein, veg, maybe a bit of fruit/yog - stuff like that lol

Glad to hear the Exante is working well Anna xx

Damn it! :p

Haha, nice try Claire ;) You still thinking of Exante-ing or has that put you off? xx

Havent decided. I'll see how fat I feel come the new year! lol!

Well I am on my 6th day today of total food replacement... I'm having a bit of a wobble - my tummy is churning loads and I feel really icky. I remember from previous stints that I get an upset tummy around this point, I tell myself it's because it's my body doing the switch over from 'food energy' to 'fat energy', but I dunno.

This morning I was 12st 13lb exactly, so was happy with that. That means I am 8.25lbs down so far, and I won't "officially" weigh in until Saturday morning. If I can make it to 9lbs off, I will be a very happy lady!

Just want my tummy to hurry up and do what it's gotta do so I can get my head down and carry on. It can't go on for long cos I don't have any more food in me to get upset!! Well, until Saturday night I guess :( Eek.

Anyway - just thought I would stop by and update you all. SO happy to chose to do this and not wait to the New Year. Hopefully I will be where I want to be sooner than I thought and able to start managing my weight with a lowish carb diet.

SD xx

Good loss Anna, are you going to go easy on the food on Saturday as too much after a week of Exante could upset your tummy again, good excuse to stick to lower carb healthy stuff if you can xx

I dunno really... I will try, but the food is going to be quite hard to manage... my mum is organising a surprise tea party for me (finger sandwiches, cakes, biscuits etc)... and then in the evening I am having a 90s themed party with all the usual party food type stuff (cheese/pineapple, cocktail sausages, hula hoops, cornflake cakes etc!) - very grown up 30th!

Will just have to be careful. I'm still going to stick to Exante for breakfast and then just have small amounts of all the nice stuff... ready to start again on Sunday...

I have bad IBS so I am pretty used to having upset tummies all the sodding time, so this weekend probably will be no different. Ick!

SD xx

Morning Anna, did the '90's have a theme then? I always thought it was a bit boring myself. Now the '60's however ;)

Hehe, we always feel fondly about the decade we grew up in... the 90s were my teenage years when I was at my naughtiest and most rebellious! The fashion was quite rubbish - it was all sportswear and crop tops (aka sporty spice)... or gothic and rocky (I had spells of both, as well as 'ethnic' tie die and hippy skirts with beads threaded on them!)

For me it's more the music that encapsulates it - I didn't really think much of it from memory, but when I googled the hits of 94 I was pleasantly surprised... for me, it was a year of brilliant cheese pop tracks! Not my taste nowadays, but good fun reminiscing!! :)

Spotty xx

Ah well, the teen years are all about rebellion, my parents went mad when I came home from my first semester at Uni with shoulder length hair. LOL

Morning all -

Just a quickie to say hello to everyone.

It was my birthday this weekend so I came off Exante (risky business!) but re-started again yesterday. Was intending to get back on it on Sunday but felt so rough that I couldn't bring myself to, and ended up eating pizza and getting an early night.

Anyway - my official first week's loss was 10.5lbs. I am about 1.5lbs up from there after my weekend of excess, but can't really complain! The next challenge is fully getting back in the swing of it knowing I've got to eat on Saturday night (low carb all the way though this time around).

Hope everyone over here is going good.

Spots xx

Back