Spotty's Road to Slimdom

Ain't it just!

Eaten like a little pig today.

4 chicken thighs from Morrisons
2 twister cheesestrings
SF jelly and squirty cream
1 pepperami

Not the most nutritious day, but gonna have roast beef tonight with Mediterranean vegetables, greens and a mushroom/double cream sauce. Odd combo, but some vitamins at least.

SD xx

Sounds yum though! My passion is sf jelly!! Thank goodness I can't buy it locally otherwise I'd be OD-ing on the stuff! Lol

Hi spotty. Welcome and nice to see your diary:D
Sorry you've had a bit of a blip - always worth planning ahead if you know temptation might strike. I think the cinema is very high risk(i lurve popcorn) so usually take 2 bottles water, cheese, pepperamis, pork crackling, atkins bars - you name it - often dont eat it but cant let myself off hook!

Anyway, straight back on the wagon- good luck:D

Thanks Kat1e... you're absolutely right about planning ahead - makes all the difference.

Back at work today armed with three tupperware boxes - one with leftover sliced roast beef, babybels, pepperamis and hard boiled egg - another with lettuce/cucumber/tomato and full fat mayo, and another with some SF jelly... plus my can of squirty cream, ready to adorn my coffees and my jelly. Should be fine.

Tonight I am plotting to have something meaty with some veg & herb butter :) Nom!

Really want to hurry up and get into ketosis... today is day five, so should be there soon (did have a slip up on Sunday at the cinema, but hopefully won't keep me out of ketosis for too much longer...??

Got my ketostix at home from my LL days, so will see if anything has kicked in when I get home tonight.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day and isn't too forlorn about being back at work...

SD xxx

Wow, really struggling today - this "work" thing is a bit of a drag! Haha.

Diet wise I am doing ok... so far have had scrambled egg with chorizo for brekkie, a creamy coffee mid morning, salad and ham with full fat mayo for lunch and have just had a rather delectable Atkins bar (Chocolate Decadence) for "pud". I had forgotten how yummy they are - really truffley. Mustn't get too attached though as they are too expensive to much on all the time.

Went out at lunch and bought myself a new very unsexy Speedo swimming costume (my previous one was a rather revealing halter neck and forever tried to embarrass me while I was doing my front crawl!). Going to go tonight and give it a test drive. Will also be the first exercise of my Atkins journey so be interesting to see how my energy levels cope.

I don't remember what I did last time - ease off, go harder, not change... is there any rule of thumb about exercise during the Induction part of DANDR?

SD xx

Hi Doris, only rule is to see how you feel and be kind to yourself! Once your energy levels kick up nothing can stop you anyway (5days to 2 weeks for most)
Xx

Hi SD, don't beat yourself up about the blip, just get back on the wagon and as you know, as soon as you get into ketosis, you're home and dry, hang in there girl :) Jayne x

Morning Doris, no rule of thumb on exercise, just do what you want to do. erm....

NO to the FRANKENFOODS!!

Hi SD,

So how are you finding your first week? Day three for me... I hope I can kick these cravings.
I feel like I have no energy, I've been told that will pass....
How did the exercising go?

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Help me please.

Morning all -

Right. Time to re-evaluate.

I am obviously doing something wrong as I am on day seven today (weigh in tomorrow morning) and I am still not in ketosis. In the first half of last week I dropped from 13st 2lbs to 12st 12lbs, but yesterday morning I was 12st 13lbs, and this morning I was 13st again. :(

I know I shouldn't weigh myself every day, and I know weight fluctuates constantly - but I wanted to keep an eye on what was happening just while I got into the swing of things.

I haven't "cheated" with anything carby apart from last Sunday when I ate the equivalent sugar of a single chocolate bar. I would expect that to knock me, but not cause major delays.

For this reason I think I must be doing something more fundamentally wrong.

I haven't been making a note of my food diaries, which doesn't really help, but I can probably remember the last few days - so here we go...

Monday

BREAKFAST:
Scrambled egg made with splash of cream
Smoked Salmon

LUNCH:
Rotisserie chicken thighs, cheese/tomato, ham

DINNER:
Roast beef slices, mange tout, broccoli, mushrooms in cream/pepper sauce, roasted mediterranean veg

Tuesday

BREAKFAST:
Omelette with three eggs and 3 rashers bacon

LUNCH:

Cold roast beef sliced up. Chopped up iceberg, 2/3 inches cucumber, 1 tomato, tablespoon full fat mayo, 3 slices of ham on the bone.

SNACKS:
2 pepperami, 1 cheesestring, 1 babybel

DINNER:
2 Grilled lamb steaks, green veg in herb butter, cauliflower cheese (cheddar/cream)

Wednesday

BREAKFAST:
2 Fried Eggs (in butter/veg oil) with four rashers of smoked bacon

SNACK:
Decaf coffee with two sweeteners and squirty Anchor real cream

LUNCH:
Chopped up iceberg, 2/3 inches cucumber, 1 tomato, tablespoon full fat mayo, chopped up chorizo sausage, 1 ounce Seriously Strong cheddar cubed. 1 pepperami, 1 cheesestring.
Dr Pepper Zero

SNACK:
Slices of salami and proscuitto from antipasti pack (0.1g carbs per 100g)

DINNER:
5 langoustines, pan fried in butter/veg oil with garlic and parsley
2 seabass fillets with cauliflower cheese (cheddar/cream) and purple sprouting

Thursday

BREAKFAST:
2 Fried Eggs (in butter/veg oil) with four rashers of smoked bacon

SNACK:
Coffee with two sweeteners and squirty Anchor real cream

Can anyone spot anything I should be staying away from? Help!
SD xx

P.S. I have the books (all of them, but they are packed away in a storage unit). I have bought the DANDR book for my kindle app on my phone but it is really hard to read in that format... :(

Last edited:
Hi SD,

So how are you finding your first week? Day three for me... I hope I can kick these cravings.
I feel like I have no energy, I've been told that will pass....
How did the exercising go?

Hey Jenni,
First week going ok, but have stalled and don't seem to be in ketosis yet which is a bit bleurghh... see post above.
I have lots of energy and not really craving anything, which is nice - although quite envious of you going through your 'Atkins flu' spell, means you are almost in ketosis and the good bit is just around the corner (hang in there, it will be worth it!).
Swimming was fine, did my usual 20 lengths and didn't feel too exhausted. Yey!
Hope you are feeling a bit brighter today xx

you might not get the flu, if you have plenty of energy and not craving you might be there!!!!

Hello! I'm with Vicky. If you've got the energy, dont worry about it! :D

And for goodness sake, step away from the scales!!! Once a week woman!!! *points finger* lol! :p

Hey girls :)

Yes, I know, I know- "once a week, no sneak peeks"... but it's so hard!!

I really don't think I am there yet - I get a really distinctive body odour (sorry if TMI!) and icky taste in my mouth. Plus my pee sticks aren't changing colour. I know they aren't always accurate, but I used them before and they always changed.

That and the fact my weight is going up again... at this rate I might only be 1-2 lbs down when I weigh in tomorrow, bah! :( Not great for a first week when at one point a few days ago I was facing a good 6-7lb loss!

So - do you think my food diaries have been ok?

SD xx

i think your menus look fab..omg I miss cheese! LOL x

Ah cheese.... I miss it too *sigh*

What is it with people and peeing on sticks?! lol! :p

Thank you! :) Just waiting for Jim to pop up and tell me off for my Frankenfoods, heehee. Glad I'm not doing anything TOO naughty. I guess it's just a case of keeping my head down and carrying on. It's gotta shift eventually, right?!

SD xx

(P.S. No cheese? What diet are you doing LVLLT?)

are you drinking plenty of water love??? mght be making the sticks appear like nothing different?

Im doing Low fat lowish (under 100) carb low cal :) just to make things difficult for myself LOL x

I know all that cheese, babybel, brie, camembert etc etc etc etc

Back