Spotty's Road to Slimdom

Ooh. I hope cheese isn't something that will stall me... I love it! First time I did Atkins I ate cheese and didn't stall from what I remember (3 stone or so in a few months, about 10 years ago). Hope age hasn't created a resistance to the stinky stuff ;)

Thanks for your support everyone!

Just munching on a bowl of prawns, and sipping on a coke zero... I will get into ketosis if it's the last thing I do goddammit!!! Haha.

SD xx

I agree, your menus look great! It could just be a fluke week, lunar activity, high tide, gravity???! Maybe cut out/down on cheese for a few days and see if that helps? Might not be the culprit but anything's worth a try right?! Tho I'm probably the last person to take worthy advice from right now! ;) But most of all, stay positive - and expect Mrs Ketosis and Miss Wooshy Fairy any day soon :) x

Day 8 - first weigh in. Meh.

Morning all... hope you all have had a good evening.

Well - today is day 8, so I have completed my first week.

This morning I was 13st... so looks like I have lost 2.5lbs, but not convinced I'm doing it right - surely should have lost more than that... particularly as my scales have been reading 13st for the last few mornings.

Thursday evening (following on from the food diary I posted yesterday) I had 2 seabass fillets (pan fried in butter/veg oil), cauliflower cheese and purple sprouting for dinner.

Yesterday I cut back on cheese and had:

B: 2 eggs and 4 rashers of smoked bacon fried in butter/oil
S: pack of king prawns, coffee w/ squirty cream
L: 1 thick slice ham on the bone, 1 slice parma ham (would have eaten more but felt really sick! was hopeful I was in ketosis!)
S: 2 pepperamis
D: rib eye steak, mushrooms (sauteed in butter), broccoli with dusting of grated cheddar. sf raspberry jelly & squirty cream

This morning had a fry up of 2 eggs, 4 bacon and half a fried tomato.

Did a pee stick first thing and STILL no change.

Fed. Up.

I dropped quickly to 12st 12lbs within the first 3 days (4-5lbs, very nice!) and have since been slowly climbing back up. If I don't start going down again I am gonna seriously have to debate whether this is going to work for me second time around :( They say the body remembers the things you put it through... maybe all these times going into ketosis (Atkins, then LL, then Exante etc) has made my body decide it doesn't want to do it anymore. It has become immune.

Is that mumbo jumbo, or could it be true??

Peed off.

In normal circumstances I would be very happy with a 2.5lb loss, but when it's my first week and I have seen the scales showing more than that before I started re-gaining, it isn't quite as exciting.

Sorry, just feeling a bit down in the dumps.

SD xxx

Today I'm going to use this thread to keep track of everything that passes my lips... just in case I am forgetting something that I shouldn't be eating. Like subconsiously gnoshing down sausage rolls or lemon sherberts...

On top of my egg and bacon this morning I have had:

2 slices of roast pork from the deli counter in Tesco
1 slice of proscuitto ham
1 coffee with 2 splenda tablets and some Anchor Extra Thick squirty cream
1 glass of coke zero
1 pepperami

(I am a real grazer! Jeeez, it's only just gone 10:30am!)

x

Last edited:
Some days grazing is all you will feel like doing; other days you won't want to eat at all. Don't ask why or how, it just happens like that :)

Rule number 1 - eat when you're hungry! (now that's my kind of rule:D)

How is your water intake? For me that's key...they more water I drink the faster the weight comes off.
Just my opinion, but I think you should consider your first day on Atkins to be the day after you had your slip up. You've lost 2.5 lbs in only a few days, I think another few days will more accurately reflect a week on induction and you WILL hit that weight loss of 5 or more lbs gone!! :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Water intake could definitely be better, I'm not gonna lie. Just been to Boots and bought a 1L bottle which I am aiming to finish before I leave work at 5pm... I like your theory about 'starting' on Monday. In which case it's not such a mediocre loss! ;)

So today I have eaten...

• 2 fried eggs
  • 4 rashers of smoked bacon
  • 2 slices of roast pork from the deli counter
  • 3 slices of proscuitto ham
  • 1 coffee with 2 splenda tablets and some Anchor Extra Thick squirty cream
  • 2 glasses of coke zero
  • 2 pepperamis
  • 2 slices ham on the bone
  • 1 Atkins choc decadence bar (2g carbs)
  • 1 cheesestring
Tonight I am having lamb steaks with broccoli, mushrooms, some full fat mayo and A BIG GLASS OF WATER ;)

Fingers crossed for a loss tomorrow. Really want to hurry up and get into ketosis.

On a slightly less 'polite' topic... I haven't "been" for a couple of days. I had a rather exciting episode on Wednesday (well, by exciting read "upset", ick) but no real activity since. How often "should" we be going on Induction?? I know on a VLCD you only 'go' every few days because of lack of substance, is there a norm on Atkins? I can't remember that side of things.

SD xx

How come I have only just seen this?!

Anna :D You probably don't remember me but I loved reading your diary and you made me laugh so much! (I hope that didn't sound weird)

Its good to have you back x

Hey! Not weird at all! Lovely to see a familiar face/name/avatar! Lol.

How are you?! I DO remember you - were you an LL or Exante buddy? When did you start Atkins-ing?

As you can see, I have had a stealthy change of username... it's like being a Minimins beginner again :) Still log into Annaphylactic now and again to keep in touch with people, met some lovely friends over the years.

Lovely to be back on t'boards. Might keep the photos of me in my undies to myself this time around though ;)

A xx

Hi SD, I was chuckling at your post about 'not been'. I've just written exactly the same in my diary, hence my crisis this week too. I've not had any 'FRANKENFOOD' and ate clean and green, so god knows why I've not dropped any. Maybe because I was feeling a bit ropey at the beginning of the week and maybe I should try and drink even more water? I'm not eating as much as you I have to admit, but you've still lost more than me this week!? Official weigh in tomorrow, but unless I have 'movement' this evening, it will be 'zero loss' for me tomorrow. As the others say maybe cut the cheese out, oh and pepperami can stall you too, try cutting that. Hope we both have a better week next week. Jayne x

Ok, wheres all the leafy greens? I have been drinking for a while now today, so I may have overlooked them somewhere! lol!

More leafy greens and lots of water! If the weight still isnt budging much next wi, try cutting out dairy - it might be stalling you.

I must admit, my body wasnt really playing when I was doing atkins there - I think it had gotten used to it from last year. So I've recently changed onto a low carb/low gi type diet for a bit of variety and it seems to be starting to shift the weight.

Hi SD
Strongly suggest you avoid all atkins bars in induction. They have polyols which can both cause stalls and indeed make you have a sugar spike so stop ketosis. As jim says clean and green - so no processed protein and plenty of lovely legal veg should sort it all out and give you great losses :)
Xx

Ps i usually let myself have a bar a week after first few weeks

Morning Spotty... some really good advice on your diary from all the experts here... hope you have a good day! :)

Hey everyone,

Yes, thanks for all the great advice.
So you recommend I try upping my fat and cutting my dairy? Isn't all the cream and cheese fat?? *confused*

I went out to the supermarket and bought some cabbage so it's lean and green for my dinner tonight, with more leaves than I've had so far!
Have also decided to have a day "off" cheddar... I've been putting it on all my dinners in some form or another - so just for experiments' sake! I have just had some mozzarella, but that doesn't count - surely, hehe.

Today I have been good, had:

B: 4 eggs scrambled with 4 rashers smoked bacon

L: 4 slices buffalo mozzarella, slices of ripe tomato, basil leaves - drizzled with olive oil and dotted with 10 little black olives (went out for lunch to rustic little Italian place and nothing else I fancied/could have)
S: Gammon ham from deli counter, sf raspberry jelly with squirty cream (massive sweet craving)

Got two pork chops for dinner, opted for some with nice amount of fat on as people on here say I'm not eating enough fat... so that should crisp up nicely (*mouth watering already*). Going to have them with some savoy cabbage, sauteed in butter and maybe some mushrooms.

Hope everyone is having a marvellous weekend. I have just got back from town having acquired two new games for my PS3... still trying to convince myself I am a 'gamer girl', but chance of them gathering dust is quite high! I might admit defeat to the world of interactive animation when I hit thirty... just ninety odd days to go! Eek!

Right - OH is clogging up the tele with his Rugby game, so I'm going to take the opportunity to have a bath and a chill out.

Might grab a slice of ham to take with me ;) Dirty. Just dirty.

SD xx

Wow look at those new pics of you. You're a pretty girl no matter what your size.
I think you've got the right balance with your meals today, keep it like that and I think you'll be on track for a good loss this week. Have a great evening with your ham and OH :D Jayne x

Looks like a really full on menu ... Hope you've had a good day :)

A full on day... is that bad?! Just had dinner, it was yummy but the cabbage didn't turn out how I expected - think I will just boil it next time.

Thanks for the compliment on the pics, they are from my lighter life days... just a couple of months between them which is bonkers. Put them up so I always remember where I've come from to keep me motivated. There are more under my old 'Annaphylactic' minimins account.

OK. Gonna go and grab a Dr Pepper Zero and prepare myself for the return of Jonathan Ross on itv. Quite excited, is that sad?

Hope everyone is having a splendid Saturday evening xx

I love Jonathan Ross! Have missed him on the telly! :)

Back