Spud's Calorie Counting Diary :)

Cheers Hun today not so bad. Buffet went well. Lots of dentists devoured it lol. At least they left me some salad xx

I decided i wanted to get outside its gorgeous and warm here! So i thought rather than sit down i would find my weighted hula hoop and do that in the Sunshine! Oh my gosh does that hurt your stomach, first few mins i felt pain because its heavy rolling that around your waist feels like someone is battering you lol it went a bit numb after a few goes so i think i did about 10mins with it which isn't too bad for a first try my arms were aching holding them up at a funny angle so i came back in, think Im going to do some squats and prob get on my bike for a bit x

Last edited:
I wouldn't be able to manage one swivel of a hula hoop, weighted or not haha so 10 mins is brilliant!!

my stomach is in absolute agony today, i can't even touch my skin on my belly the muscles are so sore! don't think i'm going to do the hula hoop again!

Had quite a busy day today, did 20 mins on my exercise bike this morning, we went into town for a look round got a few bits to finish decorating our kitchen and did quite a bit of walking around, we took our dogs for a walk came home and had an easy tea from the freezer :)

Thursday's Food:

Breakfast: Coco pops bars x2 (166)
Lunch: asda gfy thai chicken soup, 1.5 dark rye ryvita, and home made coronation chicken which was horrible! (301)
Tea: Fishcake, new potatoes, petit pois, 10g butter for my potatoes (604)
Snacks: mccoys crisps (169), aero bubbly bar (221), aero mousse (97), 2 slices of wafer thin ham (24), skimmed milk (96), 2 tablespoons sugar (30)
Exercise: 25 mins exercise bike, 10 mins hula hoop, 30 squats (i broke them up into sets of 10, couldn't do them all at once lol)
Total: 1706 - 265 exercise cals = 1441

Friday's Food:

Breakfast: Coco pops bar x1 (83)
Lunch: thai chicken soup and cheese toastie (441)
Tea: Fishcake (again!), Mccain extra chunky chips, mushy peas and 2 tablespoons of extra light mayo (710)
Snacks: Aero mousse (97), mccoys crisps (169)
Exercise: 20 mins exercise bike (212)
Total:
Not had my snacks yet saving them for when corrie comes on with a cup of tea, i still have 255 cals left after everything listed so i might have something else too like a milky coffee or something :)

Last edited:
Deffo Soap time treats keep me on track :D think Im beginning to like exercise Im worried! Lol was going to have a day off working out today but i really wanted to get on my exercise bike, and i went full pelt for 30 mins i was very proud its longest time I've managed so far and i went quicker than i usually do too :D sweating like mad by the end though! I asked my boyfriend if i looked any thinner yesterday.. He said my boobs looked bigger therefore he thinks my tummy must have shrunk a bit! :what: Lol x

Sts is better than a gain. Your going in the right direction. Do you drink much maybe holding water from the exercising!

Your doing well though

Sarah xx

Hi Sarah, thanks yeah I've been drinking quite a bit of water and usually get through 2 bottles whilst working out, i decided to lower my speed a bit on the bike think my heart rate was a bit high! So just done 46 mins on the bike going at about 32kph my heart rate was around 145 to 150 it was much easier to go for a longer time doing a lesser speed lol my bike says I've burned 570 calories but mfp said 489 i always go with the lower figure, what's best way of getting an accurate reading does anyone know? Im feeling good in myself for exercising though :D x

Honestly, you are going about things the right way and all this exercise is admirable - I really need to get in the zone with that!! I bet you have a good loss next week so don't worry too much :) x

I've been wondering if im using my cals on too much junk food lol i do like biscuits and treats in an evening maybe im having too many, and i should have a piece of fruit instead of one of the treats instead.. had a good weekend the weather has been so hot here so been sunbathing most of the weekend! well sunday/monday we had a bbq yesterday within calories! it was nice i like hanging out with my bf all day and cooking together, we do live together mind so i see him all the time anyway.. but its still nice when we can chill in the sunshine :D not sure if my exercise cals are correct for the past few days i downloaded an app to try work it out better than mfp, i have a hrm on the way but it hasn't come yet so i've just gone with the calculator app for cals which is lower than mfp values.

Saturday's Food:
Breakfast: weetabix oaty bar x2 (156)
Lunch: cheese and ham toastie (350)
Tea: Weight watchers mini garlic naan x2 filled with minted lamb kofta kebabs x2, white cabbage, iceberg lettuce, tomato, grilled halloumi and mint yogurt dip (882)
Snacks: Kit kat cookies and cream (107), aero mousse (97), mini choc digestives (126)
Exercise: 30 mins on exercise bike (319 burned)
Total: 1718 - 319 = 1399

Sunday's Food:
Breakfast: Nutrigrain breakfast biscuits (189)
Lunch: Tuna salad: 1x tin of tuna in brine, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, garlic and herb croutons, extra light mayo, caesar dressing, parmesan cheese and 1 bag of light choices sour cream pretzels (469)
Tea: Unsmaoked gammon joint done in slow cooker with mustard mash, brocolli and carrots, 10g butter in mash (571)
Snacks: Belvita yogurt bisxcuits (240), cappuccino (62), dark choc biscuits x2 (139), jelly tots x12 (40) mini choc digestives (126) 6 cals for something else which i cant remember lol
Exercise: 40 mins exercise bike (390 burned), 1.8 mile walk (150 burned)
Total: 1842 - 540 = 1302

Monday's Food:
Breakfast: Nutrigrain breakfast biscuits (189)
Lunch: Tuna mayo & cucumber sandwich (290)
Tea: Chicken in garlicy philadelphia sauce with courgette and yellow pepper, served on pasta with parmesan (746)
Snacks: goodness milk lolly (43), kit kat cookies and cream (107), x3 dark choc biscuits (209), aero mousse (97)
Exercise: 50 mins exercise bike (416 burned)
Total: 1681 - 416 = 1265

Tuesday's Food:
Breakfast: coco pops snack bar (83), rice crispies snack bar (83)
Lunch: BBq :D I had: x1 kinsmill 50/50 bun, burger made with extra lean mince/onion/egg with half babybel inside and cheese slice 1tbsp tomato ketchup, x1 weight watchers sausage, x1 lamb kebab from tesco, butternut squash chucks which half cooked, marinated in herbs and finished off on bbq, vegetable kebabs mushrooms and peppers marinated in bbq marinade (725)
Tea: Gammon and cheese toastie (443)
Snacks: goodness milk lolly (43), mini choc digestives (126)
Exercise: 35 mins exercise bike (291 burned)
Total: 1503 - 291 = 1212

waiting for my hrm monitor to come before i do any exercise today i normally do it first thing when i get up, lets hope i have motivation later on in the day lol

have a good day everyone :D

Ok so i'm all caught up on the thread.

Please can i have the recipes fo saturday monday and tues day.. I love Kofta mmmmmmmmmmmm.

So what if you STS at least you didnt gain!!! Its possible that yourr right about the goodies :( but lets see what this weeks scales say :p

xx

To be fair, I don't think you are going crazy with the choccie snacks but it might be a good idea to try and find alternatives. I swear by fat free mini meringue nests, chopped fruit and fat free yoghurt when I feel the sweet tooth aching!

Hi, been neglecting my diary a bit, I've been really busy decorating my new kitchen, its looking good now! I been on my feet all day for 2 days and up and down the ladder painting the whole room 4 times! 2 undercoat layers and 2 colour layers im shattered and aching! I did some of the gloss yesterday need to get that finished today, my neighbours kept us awake all night Saturday being noisy, so tired and exhausted from having about half an hours sleep and then decorating all day we got a pizza for tea last night which was prob way over cals but tasted so good! And then went to bed at half 8 last night Lol i didn't eat properly yesterday i had Some biscuits for my lunch! Back on the diet today though, i had a loss of 1lb when i weighed yesterday, i think Im starting to look more defined and toned i keep catching myself in the mirror thinking im looking better :D

Ach, never worry about the pizza - one wee blip and you sound like you have been burning a lot of cals decorating anyway :).

Back