Squash or courgette as pasta alternative?????

I always did/will do (now I'm back Dukaning!) finely shredded cabbage in place of spaghetti. Though will be trying alternatives from now on as love the courgette idea!

Ok im back with the Doh Bird questions lol...

I totally messed up on my pre-cruise stock up shop and there is no way im gonna get thru it all before its gone off! I am now wondering whether i should try tonight making my courgette tagliatelli ribbon thingummyjigs, portioning up and freezing till needed!!! However never having bought courgette much before in my puff, ive no idea if that would work!!! (if a yes, presumably i cud just micro from frozen - yes/no??)

Any advices muchly appreciated...

As a PS - dont even ask what else i bought lol. Major batch soup making n freezing will be happening 2moro lol...

PPs. Ooh actually - along the same lines, Does anyone know if it wud work to make a ton of butternut mash and freeze into portions

Gosh i hope the above are options cos being disabled i cant get to shops often and will euther be relying on very boring pv days or experiencing huuuge wastage-expense!!! ;-0

Can u tell im not a batch cook theb freeze domestic goddess - i hav'nae got a scooby! Lol

I've frozen butternut mash before and it defrosts fine. I'm not sure about the courgette - I wonder if the high water content might make it go quite mushy when defrosted.

Vixx said:
I've frozen butternut mash before and it defrosts fine. I'm not sure about the courgette - I wonder if the high water content might make it go quite mushy when defrosted.

Thank u - ive jyst made squash into mash and froze it! The courgette i ended up bunging into soup lol. Thanks so much...

WOW WOW WOW WOW - i just had the courgette ribbons with bolognaise and had to post an update! I LOVED IT!

I used half a courgette (rind removed) and ribbon'd with a potato peeler then nuke'd for one min! Simples!!!!!!!

My only criticism was that i cud have done with twice the amount but am not sure if an entire courgette would be considered over-gallous! Please advise me on that...

Of course not having ever been a courgette handler, grower, buyer or eater before; i have no idea if mine would have been be considered small, medium or large - i guess it was about the length of a glasses case (excuse the strange comparison, but im looking about me for a way todescribe it! I was gonna say same size as a remote control but that wud be even less helpful pmsl.

I am so chuffed cos this (and of course, similar other alternatives) cud so make my intention to do consolidation properly soooo much easier to stick too! Im much less nervous about the prospect of conso now - which is a relief cos as you will all know, it is soooo no good starting something with the expectation of failing! Listen to me - im only a few days into cruise so far lol

Yabadabadoooooo....

Glad you liked it. As I said earlier I'm now on stabilisation but still prefer my courgette pasta in fact I'm making a lasagne tomorrow but I'm going to stick with courgette and give the rest of the family pasta. I truly believe dukan changes your whole mind set about food and encourages you make healthy choices

Back