Squidgy Chocolate Cake - 95 calories

happyhealthy

Omnomnomnom
Let's face it, we all need a bit of chocolate in our lifes!

1 TBSP whole wheat flour
1 TBSP sugar (do not substitute)
1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa
a pinch of baking soda
a pinch of salt
1 TBSP of low fat vanilla yogurt, add more if needed to blend the mixture

mix it all up, pop it in the microwave for 70 seconds, enjoy :)

Calories: 95.2
Total Fat: 1.1 g
Cholesterol: 0.9 mg
Sodium: 224.6 mg
Total Carbs: 22.1 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.7 g
Protein: 2.6 g

Attachments

• brownie.jpg
    brownie.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 855
OH MY GOD you have not just posted a low calorie SQUIDGY chocolate cake...i love you! :D

hehe :D there's nothing better than a good calorie counter, except a good calorie counter with a 95 calorie chocolate cake recipe :D

Want please! :D

It's actually very very nice! Obviously it's not going to be the best chocolate cake, but for 95 calories who's complaining? And if you've got the cals, fling in a few chocolate chips. They'll be that lovely half melted way that'll melt in your mouth!

=O may have to try this out later!!

Does it not work using sugar substitutes then??

Not really because substitute sugar usually needs a recipe tweak since it's not strictly a cooking ingredient. You can try it and see what you think :) But personally for the 10 extrra calories I just use the realu mccoy! :)

I might give it a go just to see how it works! Especially cos I thought a tbsp of sugar was 45 calories, whereas a tbsp sweetner is 4.5, so cutting out 40 calories from a 95 calorie recipe is almost halving it

Just to update, I tried it using sugar substitute and it worked wonderfully!! Granted the sugar substitute I use actually says on the box it's suitable for baking, so that might be the only thing others need to check if they want to substitute it, but yeah, lush hot squidgy chocolate cake without the guilt! om nom nom nom

Thanks for the recipe!!!

Awesome! I think the sweetener I used was just your bog standard sweetener. Thanks for testing this out. Hope it tasted nice too! xx

thanks for this! xx

Let's face it, we all need a bit of chocolate in our lifes!

1 TBSP whole wheat flour
1 TBSP sugar (do not substitute)
1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa
a pinch of baking soda
a pinch of salt
1 TBSP of low fat vanilla yogurt, add more if needed to blend the mixture

mix it all up, pop it in the microwave for 70 seconds, enjoy :)

Calories: 95.2
Total Fat: 1.1 g
Cholesterol: 0.9 mg
Sodium: 224.6 mg
Total Carbs: 22.1 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.7 g
Protein: 2.6 g

I think I love you. Lol! When I get home I'm positively going to try this. :D:D

OOOO sounds and looks divinee. Gonna try this :D

This is amazin! x

Thanks for bumping this, just need to sneak the ingredients into the shopping trolley now.. >.<

Back