Squidgy Chocolate Cake

Well, here is mine served with defrosted cherries and the low fat squirty cream (and a sprinkle of splenda to take the tartness out of the cherries)!

My DH said it tasted like sponge.... but not cake sponge, more like the sponge he uses to wash his car! Bleedin cheek! However, I loved it, as did my DD1, DS and DD2.

(oh, and this is the first photo I have posted... oooo get me ;))

Attachments

• 28022010627.jpg
    28022010627.jpg
    479.5 KB · Views: 1,320
Hi,
I tried making this to for the tasting session at my group. It came out really well, although I did find it was a bit bitter to, and it was definitely very dry! But was lovely with the whipped cream and it got lots of compliments!

I put in tones of sweetner so im happy to accept its going to be a bit bitter, but is there a way to make it less dry?? I dont really bake so I wouldnt know how to make a cake moist anyway? xxx

I'm going to give this a go :) Beetroot is apparently very good in chocolate cake (and will keep it moist), but I'm not sure of it would sink without the flour.... Maybe I'll experiment :)

This is the same recipe as the Slimming world dessert books Chocolate nest buns , I put the recipe on here not so long ago ,I made 12 cupcakes from mine and they worked out as 1 syn each , the recipe is great ,it still has me in awe how cakes can be made without flour lol!!!
Yours looks delicious :)

this is the beetroot cake as someone mentioned

Beetroot Chocolate Fudge Cake Recipe | Food | Channel4.com

it is suppose to be nice, however the recipe has lots of high syn ingredients, so would probably be just as bad as a "real" chocolate cake.

That's not the recipe I've seen, I can't remember where I saw it (and I actually think that recipe would be higher in syns that chocolate sponge cake!).... I think it was a brownie recipe, I saw it years ago.

I was thinking about adding beetroot to this recipe, would have to be very finely grated though and I'm not sure how it would hold up.... I think it would need the flour other wise it would probably all sink to the bottom and stop the eggs from souffle-ing.... still might give it a go though....

I know it's an add concept but you can't really taste it, it's fresh beetroot, not pickled BTW! But really, it's not much different to carrot cake, that doesn't exactly taste of carrots!

I know it's an add concept but you can't really taste it, it's fresh beetroot, not pickled BTW! But really, it's not much different to carrot cake, that doesn't exactly taste of carrots!

mmm carrot cake...I never thought of it like that! x

I made this exactly as Britmum in canada suggested last night, and it was GORGEOUS! really rich, slightly bitter dark chocolate taste, really 'grown-up'... Beautiful warm with squirty cream, and quite dense, so i only needed about an eighth of the cake!!

Thanks so much for this gorgeous recipe, best SW one I've ever done!

I don't know how to post photos on here but when I find out, i'll put some up!

Back