Squidgy Chocolate Cake

YAY............. it tasted much better this time.
I only did half the recipe in case i didn't like it again..... and have cut it into 8 so only 1/2 syn a piece.

002-6.jpg

003-6.jpg

oooh sounds good. I will have a go :)

Just had to add my thanks to Brit Mum for this receipe - made it for the first time a couple of weeks ago - served it with summer berries and squirty cream - really lovely - making it again tonight (treat after weigh in)!!!

Mmmm - black cherries (using the frozen ones - defrosed of course), sugar free cherry jam and squirty cream would be good. Black Forest style!!

I wish I could take credit for it, but I can't really, as it is a Delia Smith recipe I came across yonks back now and all I did was was substitute real sugar for sweetener.

Ooooo for how many syns?:D

1.5 :) A bit much, but definitely worth it! Mine was a bit bitter - didn't want to add too much more sweetener than 1/2 cup because my sister complains that it tastes like processed crap (Canderel - I don't like it :() so I just topped with Nutella and heated in microwave for 20 seconds before serving... well, I didn't serve, I scoffed, lol :eek: xxx

I wish I could take credit for it, but I can't really, as it is a Delia Smith recipe I came across yonks back now and all I did was was substitute real sugar for sweetener.

Yeeees, but you shared it with us, and that's the important thing! It was absolutely lovely, I will definitely be making it again! I have never made that much of a mess in the kitchen though, haha! xxx

Looks lush, but just tried making it...... major disaster! heheh :) I spent ages whisking the whites, then went onto the yolks but it went too thick so added abit of SS milk..... then by the time it was sorted the whites had gone all runny again.... while i whisked them again i tipped the bowl abit too much and half of it went EVERYWHERE oops.... so in the end mixed the rest of the runny whites into the other stuff and stuck it in the oven..... VERY messy kitchen, and i have noo idea how its gona taste, not holding out much hope! Hahaha I really shouldnt be let loose in the kitchen! :-D

Back