Squidgy Chocolate Cake

BritMumInCanada said:
you would just need to add the additional syns to the current syn value depending on how much sugar you use.

Sugar is approx 1 syn per level teaspoon.

Just checked your website and saw the updated recipe, thanks britmum x

Have to try this it sounds so yummy :D

Right, mine is in the oven right now! Im a bit dubious after the chocolate tofu mousse fiasco but everyone seemed to be raving about it so thought i would give it a try.......fingers crossed.....

Made this today - the recipe works well, thank you britmum!

Mine rose nicely and the cake tastes a bit like a really light chocolately sponge cake. I followed the recipe exactly, and didn't find it too sweet - I think next time I would add a couple of teaspoons more real sugar, actually! I had it with low-fat vanilla ice-cream and berries - it made a nice pudding for relatively low syns :)

OMG Chocolate cake I will deffo be making this!!!

xx

I made this tonight and OMG it was delicious, got in a bit of a mess though as eggs and cocoa went to thick so ended up trying to whisk it and losing lots on the mixer !?!?!

I only made 1/2 the mixture and had low fat coco powder so only worked out at 3.5 syns for whole cake.
I had it with quark/yog sweetner mixture and strawberries ( and a little slither with a cuppa :D )

I might try this as a roulade - will let you know how I get on, loving the blackforest idea too.

I made this last night and it was horrible I dont know what I did wrong it was really bitter so it may have been the sweetner I used in it but even my 15 year old dustbin Son wouldnt eat it :-(

xxx

I made this again a couple of times this week :)

first time added chopped cherries and a little quark - very nice

today added 1/2 a grated beetroot and I think it is much moister ?!!?
(only made half a portion with 3 eggs )

Hi really interested in making this for our taster evening next week, what brand cocoa powder did you all use, do you think options would work?

Options won't work, you do need a good cocoa powder and not drinking chocolate or similar.

I use Fry's cocoa powder, not sure if you can get that in the Uk

I used 'Food Thoughts' cocoa powder - it was on offer at Sainsbury's.

Back