SS+ and alcohol!!!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by pinkyblonde1, 20 June 2011 Social URL.

1. pinkyblonde1

pinkyblonde1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi everyone i am starting SS+ tomorrow but have a wedding in 10 days time.. In which i have a 3 course meal : melon nut roast dinner and profiteoles and plenty of champers!!

My question is: iv read that its dangerous to drink whilst in ketosis but if i have a healthy meal the night before and eat the meal at the wedding will i be ok to have couple glasses of champers??? Il be straight bk on CD the nxt day as im really determined to get this weight off!!!

Thanks

Katie xxxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LittleRomany

LittleRomany Can't wait to have 1 chin

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    WW
    I'm not on cd but I've heard the term ss alot, can I ask what it means ? X

4. pinkyblonde1

pinkyblonde1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sole source ( low cal shake packs) xxx

5. sugarplumfairy1977

sugarplumfairy1977 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.91%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    You will kick yourself out of ketosis and struggle to get back on track!! I've never touched a drop of alcohol whilst on CD or even wen I did lightetlife it just wasn't worth the risk, my advice steer well clear
    Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

6. gemjar

gemjar Climbing the mountain...

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    5st4lb(31.76%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Also the fact that it's actually dangerous to your liver function if you drink whilst on CD. Something about that carbs are needed to help breakdown the alcohol so my councellor told me.

I did a family wedding and just did diet coke and water, it was fine, still had a blast! If you're eating normally and I mean eating with some carbs you might be ok to drink but I steered clear and just ate veg and protein!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.