SS+... mushrooms... meal ideas

Well, I suppose a 'tablespoon' could be interpreted as the size of a table rather than a spoon, lol!! :D:D
I'm so with you all on the measuring using spoons - its so hard!

The first day on SS+ I had some cod and 1 spear of asparagus, thought that 1 spear would be about 2 tablespoons, turns out when I cut it up it barerly filled 1.

I really want to try the Cottage cheese and mushroom idea suggested. Do you think 1 of the really large flat mushrooms is more than 2 tablespoons?
I always have two of the big mushrooms (like I did last night) with the cottage cheese on top, and I put it on top of a mixed salad too. There's so few calories in mushrooms and salad that I can't think it makes a huge amount of difference? :confused:

Last edited:
Well I just had the mushroom and cottage cheese thing, it was well... interesting! The mushrooms let out quite a lot of water and the cottage cheese cooked a lot faster. So I think in future I'd bake the mushroom for a while then add cottage cheese and finish under the grill.

half a pack of mushroom soup made thick, with loads of paprika and cayenne pepper, and chopped mushrooms with chicken/quorn is kind of close to a stoganoffish type dish!

I'll have to try that last recipe - I made the mistake of trying to make a whole CD soup into a sauce just by putting in less water. The consistency was OK but the taste was toooo strong and masked the taste of the chicken & veg! :jelous: Half a packet is much more sensible, why didn't I think of that? Doh! :eek:

There's a mushroom soup?!

There's a mushroom soup?!
Yeah, I think it's a lactose-free one? (Perhaps your CD didn't think to tell you about those?!) There's lactose-free shakes too, do you know about them?

Ahh I always forget about the LF stuff! They're in their own little category on the list.

half a pack of mushroom soup made thick, with loads of paprika and cayenne pepper, and chopped mushrooms with chicken/quorn is kind of close to a stoganoffish type dish!

Ooh! That sounds nice!! xx

Are you all SS+ peeps? i've just come back to CD after a year and first time i did it i did SS - 3 shakes only with no extras, this time i misunderstood my CDC and thought SS was 3 shakes and 200mls milk....but i see thats actually SS+ ! i've definitely lost around 7lbs this week (official weigh in saturday) so im considering staying on SS+ but rotating between maybe the 200mls skimmed milk one day and a 200cal meal the next day. is that allowed? and are losses just as good on average??

Decisions!! stay on SS+ or move down to SS!!

I've just found a recipe for 'Herbed Cottage Cheese' that I would imagine would be OK on SS+, here:-

Herbed Cottage Cheese - All Recipes

On the same recipe site, I've also discovered a recipe where a chicken fillet is sliced open and stuffed with cottage cheese and spinach, so I'm going to try that too - also thinking of making up the cottage cheese as above and just using that to stuff the fillet? (Then having a green vegetable separately, I like it to look like there's a fair bit on my plate :).)

I'll let you all know if I try this, in the meantime post up here if anyone else tries it!

jaycey you little treasure! I've just had the chicken n spinach n cottage thingy but forgot to put the cajun seasoning on, and it was bloomin lovely!!!! That recipe site is fab too, theres loads of recipes we can adapt on there. Thanks again! xxxxxxxxxxxx

That's really funny - I had stuffed chicken fillet tonight too! :D I didn't do it quite the same, just mixed my cottage cheese with some herbs and a squeeze of Tesco chilli spice blend, and wrapped it in tinfoil and baked it. I steamed my veg, and had pak choi, celeriac, mushroom and watercress, all sprayed with Salad Light first (not much of each in case you're wondering, lol). It was really nice! :p

Allrecipes is good, isn't it? I've used it a lot - I like the fact that you can just put in some ingredients that you've got, and it will bring up a selection of recipes to match (that's how I found the ones I mentioned - I just put in 'cottage cheese').

Ooh, Jaycey, write us a book!! xx

Has anyone tried making 'roast potatoes' or 'chips' using celeriac? xx

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jaycey btw xxxxxxx

Has anyone tried making 'roast potatoes' or 'chips' using celeriac? xx

Yup and they work really well

When I low carbed a bit back it was also lovely mashed, if on ss+ use a wee bit of milk allowance to moisten up?

I also used to make a beautiful gratin with grated celeriac

Dunno if you could try a rosti?

Lexie recipes please (feeling a bit thick today) lol xxx

Has anyone got any good recipes for Stir Fry's? I love stir fry's but not sure what to put in them, other then pak choi, mushrooms, corgettes.. can we use bean sprouts, chopped fresh herbs, with chicken, fish or quorn? Most of these has sooo little cals do we need to really measure them out? As many as poss pls?

I have a good one for a salad topping:

Chop red pepper and mushrooms into small pieces and season, then bake for 15 mins. In tin foil, put half a chicken breast and season and bake for same time.

Chop salad leaves , then sprinkle on your baked veg and add your chicken. You can add some bacon soya pieces, I use a small sprinkle and they are nice. Can we have pickled gerkins? I love pickles, but know we cant have onions and told we can have pickled cabbage? xx

That sounds really lush Nikki, but pretty sure we're not allowed red peppers. Gherkins not sure of, but yes you're right we are allowed pickled cabbage! Weird eh? I'm sat here watching the family eat their sunday lunch, part of me is like 'yeyyyyyy you're doing so well not to have any' but the other part keeps going to grab the 2 lonely over cooked crispy potatoes sitting in the kitchen. Right bear with me while I go and spray them with flash with bleach and throw them in the bin!!! xxx

Back