SS+... mushrooms... meal ideas

Just had a thought....gherkins are actually baby cucumbers aren't they, and we're allowed cucumber.....so logic says yes surely? xxxx Still waiting on your celariac recipes lexie! x

That sounds really lush Nikki, but pretty sure we're not allowed red peppers. Gherkins not sure of, but yes you're right we are allowed pickled cabbage! Weird eh? I'm sat here watching the family eat their sunday lunch, part of me is like 'yeyyyyyy you're doing so well not to have any' but the other part keeps going to grab the 2 lonely over cooked crispy potatoes sitting in the kitchen. Right bear with me while I go and spray them with flash with bleach and throw them in the bin!!! xxx

Hi Suzzie.. My CDC said that peppers were allowed? I have been having them for a week now and still loosing! I am getting confused on this CD, lol.. Chuck the spuds in the garden for the birds :D

Just had a thought....gherkins are actually baby cucumbers aren't they, and we're allowed cucumber.....so logic says yes surely? xxxx Still waiting on your celariac recipes lexie! x

Oh my you're an impatient one ;0)

Just away having a look for links for gratin that doesn't involve the copious amounts of cream used on Atkins

The wedges and chips I just treated like any other root veg, peel, chop into chip or wedge shapes, spray with fry light and pop into the oven. It has a peel like a turnip/swede btw so can be a bit hard going

For mash, peel, cube, boil, drain, dry off a bit and then just mash, A hand blender would be better for this as its will whip through the root fibre easier and won't go gummy like potato would.

Rosti: This might work although I haven't tried it. You would need to add an egg and flour so unsure what that would do to any plan you'd be on.

Celeriac
Serves 4-6 as a side dish, 2-3 as a light lunch with salad

1 small celeriac (about 325-350 g)
50 g chickpea flour
A handful of parsley, stems and leaves
1 egg
2 tbsp cold water
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cracked black peppercorns
Good quality olive oil, for frying

Scrub and peel the celeriac . Shred coarsely by hand or using the grating attachment of your food processor.
If using the food processor (I did), replace the shredding blade with the chopping blade.
Add the chickpea flour, thinly sliced parsley leaves and stems, beaten egg, water, and seasonings. Process, in brief bursts, until the contents are fairly evenly mixed. By hand, simply mix well.
Heat a good tablespoon of oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Drop tablespoons of this mixture into the hot oil and cook for 2-3 mins on each side, until browned and cooked through. Set aside in a warm oven until all the rösti are cooked (you may need to cook them in two batches).

Also look here

Smashed celeriac recipe | Side dishes & vegetable recipes | Jamie Oliver recipe

Oh aye have you had a look on the low carb forums for Cauliflower uses?

Cauli rice (allowable on SS+ ETC) and Cauli mash ;)

Grate the cauliflower and steam it for rice
Florets boiled and whizzed with hand blender do a not too bad mash impersonation too!

lexie you're a darling thankyou xx

They are too, lol.. mmmmm, i have a jar of them and can have a few with my salad. xxxx

Back