SS+ recipe

hopefulslimmer

Hey guys,

I have been alternating between ss and ss+ and was getting a little sick of chicken salad so I decided to try and experiment a little.

I decided to poach my chicken breast in some stock made from marigold bullion, mixed herbs, chilli powder and pepper. Once the chicken was cooked I added shredded cabbage to the stock to make a soup. Once that was ready I shredded the chicken and added that also.

I have to say the soup made a nice change from the salad and I was only using things allowed on ss+. I used white and savoy cabbage and it was great. You should try it for when you need something extra :D

Sound lovely, when i need something extra one day I will try it. thankyou.xx

i'll be trying that out soon, esp cause its so wintery at the mo!! x

Do you think it would be ok to put sweet chilli sauce on the chicken before cooking it? I think they do one thats low (trace) carb, low fat. Do you think that will be ok?

Do you think it would be ok to put sweet chilli sauce on the chicken before cooking it? I think they do one thats low (trace) carb, low fat. Do you think that will be ok?

I wouldn't think so as I am sure this will have sugar in it and I just had a quick look on the net and it contains citric acid which will take you out of ketosis :( I wouldn't risk it if I were you! Is there nothing else you could use, chilli flakes or some other seasoning??

Chilli flakes are dry though. I think im going to get bored of pain chicken very quickly.

I don't like fish but you are allowed it and YES to carbs in rice.

I don't like anything off the SS+ list expect chicken and turkey, none of the veg and none of the other proteins.

I don't like fish but you are allowed it and YES to carbs in rice.

I don't like anything off the SS+ list expect chicken and turkey, none of the veg and none of the other proteins.

Why don't you try using one of the sauces over your chicken, for instance use the chilli soup for a sauce and add some more herbs and spices to it?

I usually put piri piri chicken rub on my chicken then have it in a salad with fat free vinegarette?

If you really don't like the ss+ options could you not just have your 3 shakes a day or move onto a higher plan?

How about fish? Are you allowed that instead of chicken? I'm still SSing but am fantasising about 'real' food aready (!) Does anyone know if there are carbs in rice?

Cheers - just posted for the first time - big thrill!

Nikkiplum

Yes I believe you are allowed white fish and tinned tuna. And yes rice is full of carbs. If you are thinking about ss+ you really need to have a look at your booklet and that will tell you what you can have (which isn't much)

Hi Ladies
Can any one tell me which supermarket they get there marigold bullion from ??? Think that receipe with the chichen sounds great i would like to try it.:)

Around here they only sell it in Sainsburys because its the low salt version you need. Its in the 'free from' section

Back