SS+ recipes

Eternalflame

Excited about the new me!
Hi Guys

Haven't seen a thread with any ss+ recipes lately. Be good to share ideas? I'm pretty stuck with what to do, I tend to either to:

cottage cheese (sprinkled with chili flakes for some kick) with green salad
or
Chicken breast with kurly kale
or
Baked mushrooms with cottage cheese

See what I mean?

Help please..

Thanks.

xx

Yes i agree i also could do with some help there, i have had chicken and mushroom kebabwith salad and having tuna and salad tonight. I had the quorn mince but it's so boring.
Please anyone with some different ideas, let us in on your meals!

You could also mix your protein with a soup. Chicken with a thicker chick/mush soup, quorn with a thick spicy tom soup. And of course, the veg stock is invaluable for recipes if you are past week 2 :)

Oh thanks KD didn't think of mixing, keep them coming!

Lancslass - I've had mushrooms and it hasn't affected my ss+ plan at all. Probably depends on how you cook them too.

you guys have made my day, i love mushrooms and as im on week 12 i gotta do my 810 week next week and so looking forward to having mushrooms,might have to go get some now :D

BTW, mushrooms are mentioned on SS+ in the new literature...coming to you shortly :clap:

I asked my cdc if i could have mushrooms and she said no, obviously i didn't listen to her as you lot had already told me i could, lol

Ok i did a colannon type mash and it was lovely, loads of taste. I did celeriac and a little turnip and 1 leaf of cabbage all chopped up, boiled together and then drained and mashed. Threw in a little pepper and bobs ur uncle! It really felt like i was having mash(kinda,lol) iykwim!
Also a friend of mine had quorn sausages the other day and she murdered them and they were so hard. But i decided to see if i could any better with them and i cooked them in dry pan, loads of herbs and a mushroom. I did them slowly and cut them in half, i kept sprinkling them with water and they actually tasted not bad!

I've not tried the Quorn Sausages, but might give them a go. In Asda they have such a range of Quorn, even hot dogs! Don't think we can have that tho..I've got some Quorn chunks today, and some Pak Choi, gonna do that with Mushrooms tomorrow eve, as a dry stir fry, will add some chopped coriander and chilli flakes to give it some taste.

Had chicken and salad today for lunch, so will just have my shake tonight. Doing the ss+. Actually enjoying it now and its good to be light hearted about it dont you think? Have been sitting at work and there is a Lemon Cake with frosted icing on, in the kitchen.. Now i ask you.. Is that temptation or what?? But.. I'm being good and just drank more water. I'm on my 3rd litre of water now too, gotta go and meet a mate after work (still here) and can have sparkling water for a change ;).

Have been sitting at work and there is a Lemon Cake with frosted icing on, in the kitchen.. Now i ask you.. Is that temptation or what??.

I know the feeling my son was 5 on Friday and i have a huge chunk of birthday cake still in my fridge:eek:

Back