SS+ recipes

Quorn chicken style chunks are half price in Tesco at the moment!

I don't think you're allowed the Quorn sausages and chicken fillets though, they add onion and stuff into them. Is up to you though really, but technically not allowed.

I like chicken, mushroom and broccoli all diced up with chilli flakes and paprika with a little water so it's less dry.

I also add chilli flakes and paprika to tuna salad.

For a chicken salad I dry fry the chicken and add different herbs or spices and have a warm chicken salad which is nice.

Ummm I can't think what else I do, to be honest it's a lot of tuna salad for the ease of it!

I had birthday cake at the weekend during my planned evening off, it was heaven! No more for a long time now though!

Don't worry i WILL NOT be having quorn sausages again, i have felt rough as a dog today, really wanted to throw up and the sausages were the last thing i had so, NEVER again! I have got to try and get a shake down now and have just managed a tuna salad. Hate being ill but i bet i could manage that bloody cake in the fridge, lol

the quorn sausages could have brought you out of ketosis and today your slipping back in, ive done that by accident once before with medications and felt rough as arses the next day until ketosis found me again that night

Ohh SB.. hope you feel ok now. How annoying (and leave that cake alone;) ). Moving up to the 810 plan tomorrow as it works around the family..

I got a recipe last night from a mate..

A mushroom recipe:

Portabello Mushrooms
Plain Cottage Cheese,
Chopped Corriander
Black Pepper

Mix Cottage Cheese with Corriander and Black Pepper (add chili flakes too if you like),fill your mushrooms and grill or oven bake. Nice xx

Ohh SB.. hope you feel ok now. How annoying (and leave that cake alone;) ). Moving up to the 810 plan tomorrow as it works around the family..

I got a recipe last night from a mate..

A mushroom recipe:

Portabello Mushrooms
Plain Cottage Cheese,
Chopped Corriander
Black Pepper

Mix Cottage Cheese with Corriander and Black Pepper (add chili flakes too if you like),fill your mushrooms and grill or oven bake. Nice xx

Yum that sounds lovely. My CDC says she doesn't do the 810:confused: as she doesn't see the point. So when i'm ready to move up i think i have to go to 1000.

Let me know what the main differences are when you start. Good luck. x

i have to do my 810 week next week, the difference is that you can have milk and the portions are bigger than on SS+ and there are a couple of extra bits you can have :D

Well it's up to you, if you want to do the 810 plan, tell your CDC that, it's what you'd prefer rather than her really! Every 13th week you have to do the 810 plan anyway, so there is a point in it!

so tell me guys how many mushrooms do you have then? and the chicken? i know they say it in weight but i get a chicken cut up from the butchers so its like 2 drumsticks 2 thighs wings etc etc so do i cook one drumstick and thigh? i dont have a scale to weigh do so thought if i can picture the quantity it might help???
thankyou xx

You really need to get weighing scales to be honest, the weight of a breast of chicken varies hugely! The chicken breast fillets I get from Tesco are 400g a pack of 3, so that's about 133g each. But then some packs are 350g for two, it varies hugely. Scales don't have to be expensive, but I think they're good to have personally!

Yum that sounds lovely. My CDC says she doesn't do the 810:confused: as she doesn't see the point. So when i'm ready to move up i think i have to go to 1000.

Let me know what the main differences are when you start. Good luck. x
Huh? Why?? Once your BMI is below 25 and you still want to lose weight, you should be moving up to 810 till you hit target as your body will need th extra calories and you risk increased muscle wastage. I loved 810.

Not sure why she thinks that but she says she goes from ss+ to the 1000. I'm a long way off so don't need to worry about it at the min, my bmi is 33 i think!

Bloody nora that's great!! Well done you, half a stone gone forever! I'm gonna give ur mushrooms and cottage cheese meal a go tonigh, i don't like cottage cheese that much but hoping grilling it will make it nice, lol
If you don't give it a go, you'll never know!

I have had tuna salad 2 nights running now and i had a little of the dressing that i found, yummy it was lush to have some taste!

7lbs on 810 is amazing!!! Don't be disappointed by it, at all, that's a lot more than some people get on SS!

Oooh I made something yummy last night quorn 'curry': Mixed a little curry powder with water and 'fried' some quorn pieces and mushrooms with it. Then took half a chick/mush soup and added a little more tikka spice and a bit less water to make it thicker...mmmmm it was yummy! Gonna it again tonight :D

:confused: How very odd :confused: I think 810 is the bestest plan ever. Besides, she can't completely knock a plan out by default and the jump from SS+ to 1000 is a bigun. You really do need to speak to your consultant about this. Let's hope it's a misunderstanding.

Back