SS+ recipes

Am I the only one who CBA to think of recipes while losing weight? I really wanted to stick to the 2tbsp or 3 tbsp (810) so just kept things very basic. Boring - you bet but I knew it wasn't forever and I just saw that meal as almost another pack, except I actually got to chew. I remember once on 810 I thought about adding some soya sauce to my tofu and cabbage and could easily see how that'd have turned into adding garlic then onions then rice etc. Just wasn't worth sabotaging my weight loss.

EF - I used to mix half the cottage cheese portion with half the Quorn mince portion. Microwaved the mince with cabbage or courgettes and a bit of herbs and spices then once it was cooked, added the cottage cheese. Basic but one of my favourite meals.

I got a recipe last night from a mate..

A mushroom recipe:

Portabello Mushrooms
Plain Cottage Cheese,
Chopped Corriander
Black Pepper

Mix Cottage Cheese with Corriander and Black Pepper (add chili flakes too if you like),fill your mushrooms and grill or oven bake. Nice xx

Mmmm i love the sound of this, might just have to try it :) x

Ohh SB.. hope you feel ok now. How annoying (and leave that cake alone;) ). Moving up to the 810 plan tomorrow as it works around the family..

A mushroom recipe:

Portabello Mushrooms
Plain Cottage Cheese,
Chopped Corriander
Black Pepper

Mix Cottage Cheese with Corriander and Black Pepper (add chili flakes too if you like),fill your mushrooms and grill or oven bake. Nice xx
Hi I want to try this and wondering if you could tell me how many of the big mushrooms you have for one meal .. is it just the 1 ?? thanks
Katie ( I am a mushroom addict !!)

I was wondering the same thing determinator as my OH has come back home wit portabello mushrooms and cottage cheese for me lol *mmm*

oooh oooh just had a yummy meal! The required amount of chicken 'fried' in some curry spices with water, cooked the chicken then threw in some spinach at the end- was AMAZING, coulda been from the Indian, only nicer because it was so fresh and I made it! just hoping now that OH will eat the second portion, as I'm not sure I trust it to stay in the fridge for long...yikes!
I had this tonight and it was sooo tasty .. I added a few mushrooms too as spinach is so little when cooked and it tasted great :)

I was wondering the same thing determinator as my OH has come back home wit portabello mushrooms and cottage cheese for me lol *mmm*

Hi Hayley

You go by weight of what your allowance is for ss+ or 810. I use 2 :p and also have some watercress with them too. : ) x

Glad you liked it! I had the mushroom with cottage cheese grilled this evening, with some mixed herb- was yummy! I still have a shake to go but I'm still stuffed!

BP they are nice and quite fillng too, glad you liked them.

I feel this is ample for me and most of the recipes I've tried have filled me up, not been hungry on this at all. I have my shake in the morn, then my tetra at lunch plus humoungous amount of water, lol.. then after my meal I have my bar about 9pm each eve, feels like im having a treat that way. x

Hehe, I'm loving SS+, so nice to cook things and feel satisfied on healthy, tasty, well-portioned food!

That's it BP. Highly recommended. I don't think Gillian said anything that no-one has ever said before but I guess it was just the right message at the right time for me.
Cool, I read a sample chapter online last night, definately gonna get the book, I liked the idea about losing weight not being my goal, but managing my overeating! Makes sooooo much sense for maintaining a healthy lifestyle :D

Cool, I read a sample chapter online last night, definately gonna get the book, I liked the idea about losing weight not being my goal, but managing my overeating! Makes sooooo much sense for maintaining a healthy lifestyle :D
Yes, the latter is really important for me. I'd not done an organised diet before CD and found I'd gotten soooo focussed on how much I'd lost (or not) per week that I did lose a bit of perspective. I also forgot about why I was dieting, but I've written about that before.

The crunch in that book for me was Gillian writing about the addictive desire to eat and we can have the feeling before, during or even after a meal. And at last, for whatever reason, the message that just because I wanted to eat didn't mean I had to finally got through. :)

Mmmm i had portabello mushrooms with cottage cheese last night :)
Yummy!
Sprinkled a bit of pepper on top and i was well away, couldnt manage all of it though lol

Are we allowed celeriac? I love it mashed lol

Yes we are allowed it.

think im gonna have to write all these down they all sound yummy

Ohh SB.. hope you feel ok now. How annoying (and leave that cake alone;) ). Moving up to the 810 plan tomorrow as it works around the family..

A mushroom recipe:

Portabello Mushrooms
Plain Cottage Cheese,
Chopped Corriander
Black Pepper

just had to let you know I had a variation of this tonight and it was amazing .. I mixed half the allowance of cottage cheese with half tuna , added some chives and paprika .. and then balsamic vinegar to dip .. it was very 'meaty' which made it very filling :) I love this plan :)

Back