Stagg Chilli

Mair

Just been searching lifeline online for syns while I can and got a bit confused by the listings for stagg chilli.

They have the classic down as 11.5 on original and 10.5 on green, the less than 5% fat as 11 on original and 4.5 on green, and the dynamite hot as 12 on original and 6.5 on green.

I'm confused. Surely these are the wrong way round? :confused:

do you mean you think the values for green and red are the wrong way round? remember chilli has mainly beans and beans are free on green so really your only counting the meat (and any oil etc) as syns on a green day whereas on red the meat is free but there is more beans to be counted as syns. i think this is what you mean.

you can make your own chilli for less than that, free on green you could chuck a tin of mixed means, some chillis and some quorn mince into a tin of toms

Add in some quark and you've got a fab chili con queso!

Quorn chilli is really scrummy, we found a recipe in the 'Free on a green day' book, we had it with SW potato wedges with a sprinkle of chilli powder over them, its great. :)

you can make your own chilli for less than that, free on green you could chuck a tin of mixed means, some chillis and some quorn mince into a tin of toms

Hey, sorry, excuse my cooking ignorance... but when you say chuck it in - do you mean literally just put all that in a pan and switch it on for a bit?

Then add some quark?

And that makes chilli?

I fancy trying this with some rice... I'm stuck in a bit of a rut at the moment and although I have got lots of ideas from here, I still don't seem to be getting anywhere and I keep eating jacket potatoes and packet pasta things.

Is this easy to do?

Cheers
Ste
x

Chili is yes chuck it all in...

the quark was for cheesy chili and not to everyones taste! beware! Its an american dip ... stagg chili and philly originally

Back