Stallers

Zion

Hi All,

So I've been a lurker on the forum for a few weeks and thought it about time to say hi, especially since such useful information has been shared and lots of questions have been answered for me.

I've been following a low carb plan for a while although it took some time to get here. I decided to make a change in January and first tried low calorie and low fat plans, neither of which worked well for me but I think i've finally found it with low carb and exercise and I've lost 19lbs so far.

I'm a newbee to Atkins as such so I look forward to continuing on this journey however recently I've experienced a stall in my weight-loss so was just wondering what foods make people stall here so I know what things I should think twice about?

Last edited:
Cream and cheese are big culprits. Also some of the diet fizzy drinks have citric acid in them which can stall some. The others will know more I'm sure.

Well done on the loss so far, not too shabby! You are also exceedingly tall I see from your 'statistics'. Are you sure you don't need to gain weight? Your BMI is very low. ;) ;)

Thanks BlackRose...cream, cheese & fizzy drinks...all the things I've been having lately....perhaps it's the cream then cause that's the new thing that I've started having in the last few weeks that I wasn't having before.

Lol how tall does it say I am? I can't see my profile on my phone...will have to check it out online. Thanks again.

if your BMI was that you would be dead!!!

13ft where did that come from?...not likely I'm only 5ft5 and urgh I wouldn't like to think what a BMI of 4 looks like.

i haven't found any problems with cheese or diet fizzy pop which i drink by the bucket load. sausages stall me bigtime.

and i dont eat after 6.30pm/7pm

Hi - agree with all above that everyone different. I think my staller is eating things later at night that may cause insulin swing even if in allowed carbs. So i try to have any sf deserts or berries earlier rather than later and use cheese if i get peckish later in the evening

A quick fact for all (from my dad) ...metabolism slows down around 7pm and peaks between 5-6am.

I wish he told me earlier...

So will you be up at 5am munching then? If you are I'll be seeing you on minis as I'll be up too if its true!

Hehe no not quite. It's what he teaches at college as part of students NVQs - so I take his word for it!

A teacher! He must be right then if it's his business, I'm often up through the night as a bad sleeper so may just have brekky a bit early tomorrow! Thank your Dad from me!

A teacher! He must be right then if it's his business, I'm often up through the night as a bad sleeper so may just have brekky a bit early tomorrow! Thank your Dad from me!

It seems to work for him - he's also doing low carb but it's more low starch in general, so he has an apple every night and eats during the day. He seems to lose about 3 lbs every night compared to my 1.5 or so. :(

Apples are on average 20g carbs each :O

Some advice, don't go to sainsburys at the train station for a reward for a very tricky week and buy cheesecake because I reckon that's a staller!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It's all the sucrose :( Sugar is sugar is sugar, it doesn't matter if it's fruit or carbs or just sugar. Your body treats it al the same :(

illdoitforaslongasican said:
Some advice, don't go to sainsburys at the train station for a reward for a very tricky week and buy cheesecake because I reckon that's a staller!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lol

Back