Star Spotting

Mmm met a few in my time but the most memorable has to be George Michael! His dad and my dad went to school together in Cyprus. Anyway, he came to my parents restaurant when Wham were first starting out. He asked me who I liked band wise...I said Haircut 100 and he replied they were all a bunch of poofs!!

Also met...Keith Chewin, Barry Manilow...when sung with him at Wembley! I was in the school choir that backed one of his concerts. Barry Cryer, Simon Le Bon....went to school with his little brother only met him a few times at parties, Prince Andrew..was one of the inspecting officers at a pasting out parade when I was in the Royal Navy I had to get him a cup of tea!

Now if I got my hubby on here he would go on for ages about who he's met! As he films commercials for TV so has met loads! Did the commercial with Vanessa Feltz dressed as a tramp thats on at the moment!

I won't let my hub join in this one either as he works for a record company so meets loads. He did have Pink in his building the other day - said she seemed a bit overawed!

I did go to the same school as George Michael's second cousin - does that count?!

I have to say when we play this game in my family the more tenuous the link the better ie

My sister's husband's aunt is married to a Rubette!!

We saw him drinking outside the Fortune of War. OH wouldn't let me go and say hello, although, in hindsight, it was probably for the best. I would only have stood in front of him stammering 'Yyyyou're Paul McCartney. Yyyyyou were in the Beatles', which, presumably, he knows already.

Just told DH this and PMSL!! :D

Oh, this might make you smile if you have twisted humour, apologies if you don't and I therefore offend you. We Dispensed Rod Hull (as in Rod Hull & Emu) with new specs, sadly he died falling off the roof of his house but I promise you his glasses did have the right lenses in!

Cheb, I definitely have a twisted sense of humour! :cool:

Back