STAR week

francesc

I've noticed a few people mentioning * (star) week and just assumed that it was the week you were actually having your period. I thought it was just a cute way of putting it!

However, I came across something this morning (elsewhere) that suggested it was the week before your period.

Can anyone clear this up for me please?

Last week I had a tiny loss of only half a pound, and this week I have had my period,
just wondered if that could have accounted for it.

My ponderings are that in the week before your period - you're making and retaining fluid in your womb - but the week of your period you are getting rid of it.

Not that it really matters it's the whole month not just one silly week that matters , but its bugging me.

Mine is most certainly the week before. Although I don't always actually have a period, I get all the symptoms!!!

* week for me is the week before, but then some months it last 2 weeks (I.E. the build up, then my period) My body some ones can gain 1lb at * week or 5lb, nightmare, but least I know it comes off the next :) xxx

* week for me is 2 weeks before my period as thats the week when I always have my lowest loss , it coincides with when I ovulate apparently according to my gynae doc

I think since everyone is different its never going to be an actual answer its just when it affects you. I seem to have 2 weeks of great losses 1 week of meh itll do losses and one week where i think grrrrr is that all

For me it's the week before, boobs are massive and stomach is swollen :( I have a male consultant so don't feel comfortable defending my monthly gain with this information so I just grin and bare it.
Is anyone honest in group about why they have a gain that week?
x

My * week is the week before and I always say, even put it in my diary/book as I either sts, or have a gain. If I have a gain any other time thats down to me going off the rails, but not that * week!

wicked witch of the west appears either week before or week of the star.Sometimes both so its your choice really.

Mine is the week before and I am an emotional, blobby wreck :(

Me too - emotional blobby wreck is very apt :8855:

For me it's the week before as I bloat and become an all dancing all singing fire breathing harpy.

:8855: Love that.... it's pretty much what my OH says about me the week before.

For me it's the week before, boobs are massive and stomach is swollen :( I have a male consultant so don't feel comfortable defending my monthly gain with this information so I just grin and bare it.
Is anyone honest in group about why they have a gain that week?
x

Our group are very honest like that. None of us like to use it as an excuse, but it could sometimes be the factor. I bloat and munch until it starts and then I hardly eat at all, so it seems to balance out, depending on the day it happens. I think mine is due, could explain the late night munchies last night! :confused:

the term star week just makes me cringe

I think its different for everyone - but mines the week before AND the week during!! it always makes me starving hungry aswell!!!!!

It really is different for everyone - I haven't figured mine out yet, but I know there is definately a period (!) during the month when I crave sweet things (wine not included that's my nemisis). Rest of the month I could'nt give a damn about chocolate or sweets. I'm gonna monitor it now I'm writing a diary so for me its still watch this space ...

Back