Starbucks

Greenfae

Hey all

Pretty new to this and I'm a Starbucks addict. I know there are a lot of syns on a skinny latte but can I use the milk as a healthy extra if it's the only milk I have?

Hiya, my C says no because they add all sorts of other stuff in when they make the coffee so you have to syn it. Starbucks small skinny is 5 syns but costa and Nero it's only 2.5!

A starbucks latte is just an expresso shot of coffee and fresh steamed milk. They don't add all kinds of other stuff, what nonsense.

So yes you can use your milk allowance towards one. But beware a grande sized skinny latte has more than a HEa milk allowance. So you would need to stick to the smallest size to be within your HEa allowance or syn the extra milk.

Also if you start having the lattes with syrups, then that is extra syns too (some of which are quite high, especially the caramel one)

Last edited:
Although if you get the sugar free syrup in Starbucks then it is syn free.

yeah the sugar free ones are free, just beware that asking for a skinny one with syrup doesnt always mean they add the sugar free syrup, not here in Canada anyway.

You have to ask specifically for sugar free syrup on your skinny otherwise they add the normal one.

Thanks guys. Black coffee for me then to save for bucks!

Hey!!

the Vanilla sugar free syrups is lovely and free :)

Although my friend at work just treat me to a starbucks (a rare treat for me these days) and got me a medium skinny latte with sugar free syrup... if i am over my milk allowance... how much should i syn it :( ill ask for small next time

x

Right so the medium one is a grande which is 16oz... this is 473.176 mL - can i use 2 HE A for this and still count my drink as free... wasn't planning on any cheese today... if i do it will be HE B or ill syn it as i have 15 to play with :) x

you would be better having a cappuccino than a latte as there is less milk in it so you could have a bigger drink....

Right so the medium one is a grande which is 16oz... this is 473.176 mL - can i use 2 HE A for this and still count my drink as free... wasn't planning on any cheese today... if i do it will be HE B or ill syn it as i have 15 to play with :) x

yes if you are on a green or red day you can use 2 HEa's towards it. But obviously not on extra easy as you only get 1 HEa.

otherwise you can just syn the additional milk.

I've had a couple of medium skinny latte's with sugarfree hazelnut syrup and they are delicious! Because healthy extras tend to be about 6 sins and the medium skinny latte is 6.5, I just count it as one healthy a and half a sin.

Hey all

Pretty new to this and I'm a Starbucks addict. I know there are a lot of syns on a skinny latte but can I use the milk as a healthy extra if it's the only milk I have?

A friend of mine cured her Starbucks addiction instantly by sitting down with a calculator and working out just how much money she spent in a year on coffee!! :D

Back